• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Results

51 posts in this topic

On 8/14/2021 at 3:08 PM, mzdrizzle said:

Some of the posts on here are completely ridiculous and not based in reality.  Yes, CSG grades tough.  They are good on the actual grading, no doubt.  But the resale market could care less about them and the ROI is atrocious.  They did an amazing job with their slabs, but a poor job on the labels especially the ones with no subgrades.  I will never send in another card to CSG, or buy one in the market, until they completely change their labels and, in addition, I would need to see their resale market dramatically rise.  Otherwise, any investor or flipper is just a fool to use CSG at this point.  Just look at the sales comps.  

The ROI will change and I will add that PSA is going downhill. How exactly do you have so many true "gem mint" cards? Just because they are new doesnt mean they are flawless in production, and thats my gripe with PSA. And the label? I really dont care, if you want a fancy label go with HGA or whatever, but I am paying for accurate grading not a sealed top loader with a description.

On 12/13/2021 at 10:26 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

First submission - 114 cards with 14 10s

Second submission - 78 cards with 10 10s

Are any of those modern or are they all ultra modern? Either way that many 10s is pretty impressive. Great pre-screening 👍

On 5/25/2021 at 5:50 PM, Charles Finley said:

Has anyone cracked a CSG slab to send into PSA or vice versa?  It would be interesting to see the results other than speculating as discussed above. I have found that it’s going to be a tough hill to climb for CSG cards.  CSG cards are getting about 50-65% of PSA  values. One example is 2012 topps Heritage Mike Trout.  PSA 9 ranges and sells for 350-400+. CSG 9 was listed at $249 (significant discount to start) had almost 600 looks and 40+ watchers only to sell for $220.  I am hoping if all the previous posts are true, then eventually CSG cards are more comparable in value to PSA/Beckett. I have read all the various reasons for grading cards, my reason and I am sure most collectors/investors is to preserve/increase the value of the card (be it a 1990 Fleer Bo Jackson or a 1952 Mickey Mantle) I am hoping CSG makes some progress with a pop report and more CSG slabs hitting the market can only help.  Thoughts?

i seen a guy crack psa and sgc slabs and send to csg for vintage because he was tired of hearing csg was easy on vintage, results were csg were stricter or the same sometimes csg was 2 grades lower then psa but pretty on par with sgc only .5 less most of the time. Csg is not more leniant on vintage per his experiment ha