• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Results

50 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2021 at 1:25 PM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

While I have the same hope, collectors haven't been smart enough to do this with SGC cards yet, which (like CSG) have a much higher standard than PSA cards. I just keep my fingers crossed that, at some point, the actual condition of the card will matter and not the three letter acronym on the slab label.

I prefer a harder grading standards knowing that the cards have been examined properly, those people wanting high grades easily are just looking to flip easy. Once CSG does on site services at the upcoming Convention a lot more people with see the quality of their work. CSG has been grading Comics, Coins, etc.. for a very long time so they will find out soon enough what they are missing out on. 

On 4/12/2021 at 3:31 PM, wvbelcher said:

Just curious what your rate of Pristine/10  graded by CSG?

My first submission of 50 cards and I received one 10 Pristine.      Most were 9.5 and 9's. 

Feel free to share your breakdown. 

Hello, I sent in 80 cards some were from the 70's and 80's and received No 10's at all.

On 6/6/2021 at 1:49 PM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

As CSG and others gain steam and 9.5's become the norm, old PSA 10s will indeed be worth less than companies who grade tight. People will quickly prefer tighter graded cards to PSA 10s and the market will reflect in time.  Also, take a look at how all of the sudden PSA got real stingy with 10s on modern cards.

Agree. As an old collector, and talking to true hobbyists, most collectors will prefer true BGS 9.5 and pristine 10 over a PSA 10. It's only those flipping that like the PSA 10's. In time, this will flip and  old PSA 10's will be lesser value. I dont even buy the old PSA slabs anymore because I don't trust their tens. Changing their standard of grading is a ding on the company its like saying they were too lenient and now their tightening up. What does that say about their old grades? Ive seen so many PSA 10s that are so off centered. In fact, I own a few. I'd prefer CSG/BGS true 9.5's and tens over PSA anytime for my PC.

On 7/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, jdmtdcollector said:

Agree. As an old collector, and talking to true hobbyists, most collectors will prefer true BGS 9.5 and pristine 10 over a PSA 10. It's only those flipping that like the PSA 10's. In time, this will flip and  old PSA 10's will be lesser value. I dont even buy the old PSA slabs anymore because I don't trust their tens. Changing their standard of grading is a ding on the company its like saying they were too lenient and now their tightening up. What does that say about their old grades? Ive seen so many PSA 10s that are so off centered. In fact, I own a few. I'd prefer CSG/BGS true 9.5's and tens over PSA anytime for my PC.

When they make that change, they admitted it. You are seeing videos now of you tubers disappointed that the flow of PSA 10's has all but cut back 30% or more. Says that the old product wasn't graded to high enough standards, lacks integrity. 

On 7/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

When they make that change, they admitted it. You are seeing videos now of you tubers disappointed that the flow of PSA 10's has all but cut back 30% or more. Says that the old product wasn't graded to high enough standards, lacks integrity. 

exactly. now, you have to have two categories for PSA slabs if you're a collector. old standard to new standard slabs. You ahve to ask a  question is this really gem mint? Do I resubmit? DO I pay the PSA 10 price? This again brings into the value of subgrades. Why I love subgrades. It tells you how the grade is reached at not just a number that you trust the so called experts agree to. Its very convenient when they tell you how they arrive at that number and not have to try and figure it out.

4 hours ago, jdmtdcollector said:

exactly. now, you have to have two categories for PSA slabs if you're a collector. old standard to new standard slabs. You ahve to ask a  question is this really gem mint? Do I resubmit? DO I pay the PSA 10 price? This again brings into the value of subgrades. Why I love subgrades. It tells you how the grade is reached at not just a number that you trust the so called experts agree to. Its very convenient when they tell you how they arrive at that number and not have to try and figure it out.

There is no way to turn that PSA favoritism around in this hobby environment. Everyone and their mother is more worried about TATs and ROI than actually getting accurate grading. If one company starts giving out more 10s(SGC right now, PSA before) you will see an uptick in their business. SGC is also getting a bump from quick TATs. Do the people grading with them care if the card is given an inaccurate grade or put into a cheaper holder? No, because their intention is to sell it as quickly and for as much profit as possible. In the long run, I am hoping that CSG will gain traction being a respected company and sticking to their standards. The flippers will disappear after bad decisions catch up with them or the credit card bills and tougher grades will be desired by discerning collectors.

9 hours ago, LAgambit said:

So far at 30% hitting 10's  (total of ~50 subbed so far) with 2 Perfects. 

What cards are you getting 10 on?  Anything older than a year or two?  I've seen a lot of high grades on Topps Now and Prizm stuff, but then again that stuff gets about 80% 10s from PSA.

11 hours ago, Andy Gardecki said:

What cards are you getting 10 on?  Anything older than a year or two?  I've seen a lot of high grades on Topps Now and Prizm stuff, but then again that stuff gets about 80% 10s from PSA.

Oldest was from 2011 Topps update (not a trout unfortunately :) )  - had 2 of them that 10'd 

All the others were from 2018 +  

No Topps Now cards

On 7/27/2021 at 8:54 PM, Andy Gardecki said:

114 card order

18 CSG 10s
78 CSG 9.5s

10 CSG 9s

4 CSG 8.5s

4 CSG 8s

Cards are all ultra modern, mixture across Topps/Bowman/Bowman Chrome (+Sapphire)/etc

Bc of this first result I sent in 4 more orders.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:54 PM, Andy Gardecki said:

I finally have part of my submission coming back and they sent me my grades. They are all from my PC and range from 1992-2004. I only looked at the first 8 out of 27 and I had one 10 in there so far. A 1996 Upper Deck rookie exclusives Allen Iverson. Not a huge value card but I’m super excited about it and can’t wait to see the rest of the order. Only thing that stinks is that it has no subgrades so it’s not possible to get a PERFECT 10, just pristine 10. That makes no sense to me since each card is graded using all 4 of those categories anyways. I should be getting my order in the mail tomorrow and will keep you posted.

5 hours ago, Warner85 said:

I finally have part of my submission coming back and they sent me my grades. They are all from my PC and range from 1992-2004. I only looked at the first 8 out of 27 and I had one 10 in there so far. A 1996 Upper Deck rookie exclusives Allen Iverson. Not a huge value card but I’m super excited about it and can’t wait to see the rest of the order. Only thing that stinks is that it has no subgrades so it’s not possible to get a PERFECT 10, just pristine 10. That makes no sense to me since each card is graded using all 4 of those categories anyways. I should be getting my order in the mail tomorrow and will keep you posted.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to do a REHOLDER for a Pristine 10 card and add subgrades in the hope of getting a Perfect 10? Is that a thing?

On 8/9/2021 at 10:33 AM, Warner85 said:

Got my cards back and the grades went downhill from there lol. They’re all PC so I’m not too concerned. I had 1-10, 4-9.5s, 9-9s, 5-8.5s, 6-8s, 1-7.5, and 1-6.5. I missed a crushed corner on the 6.5, and I know the 7.5 had a sticker residue on there that I thought came out. All of these cards are around 25 years old so I’m sure there are some surface issues that lowered the grades. They do grade hard but they’re consistent about it. Overall I’m ok with the grades and honestly just really glad to have my cards back. I like the slabs and if they can get their TATs under control I might submit with them again.

Some of the posts on here are completely ridiculous and not based in reality.  Yes, CSG grades tough.  They are good on the actual grading, no doubt.  But the resale market could care less about them and the ROI is atrocious.  They did an amazing job with their slabs, but a poor job on the labels especially the ones with no subgrades.  I will never send in another card to CSG, or buy one in the market, until they completely change their labels and, in addition, I would need to see their resale market dramatically rise.  Otherwise, any investor or flipper is just a fool to use CSG at this point.  Just look at the sales comps.  

On 8/14/2021 at 2:08 PM, mzdrizzle said:

Some of the posts on here are completely ridiculous and not based in reality.  Yes, CSG grades tough.  They are good on the actual grading, no doubt.  But the resale market could care less about them and the ROI is atrocious.  They did an amazing job with their slabs, but a poor job on the labels especially the ones with no subgrades.  I will never send in another card to CSG, or buy one in the market, until they completely change their labels and, in addition, I would need to see their resale market dramatically rise.  Otherwise, any investor or flipper is just a fool to use CSG at this point.  Just look at the sales comps.  

I somewhat agree with your statement. This may be my one and only order with csg unless change is seen. What company would you suggest then? PSA currently has the most value but their grading scores are all over the place. No one can deny pop control is happening with PSA. Will your Mint 9 end up being a 7 or worse? When will they open up with affordable submission rates even? Do you play it safe and go with BGS since they’re runner up with ROI? SGC with fast turnaround to sell during player peak selling points? CSG actually is fairly close to BGS with the Modern cards I’ve been collecting for value, don’t know about Ultra Modern. Or is the best thing to keep your cards until PSA offers a decent submission price and gets their graders all on the same page. Any thoughts? Whether you’re a flipper, investor, or just slabbing your favorite cards, I don’t anyone’s choice or opinion is ridiculous at this point.

On 8/14/2021 at 7:54 PM, Warner85 said:

I somewhat agree with your statement. This may be my one and only order with csg unless change is seen. What company would you suggest then? PSA currently has the most value but their grading scores are all over the place. No one can deny pop control is happening with PSA. Will your Mint 9 end up being a 7 or worse? When will they open up with affordable submission rates even? Do you play it safe and go with BGS since they’re runner up with ROI? SGC with fast turnaround to sell during player peak selling points? CSG actually is fairly close to BGS with the Modern cards I’ve been collecting for value, don’t know about Ultra Modern. Or is the best thing to keep your cards until PSA offers a decent submission price and gets their graders all on the same page. Any thoughts? Whether you’re a flipper, investor, or just slabbing your favorite cards, I don’t anyone’s choice or opinion is ridiculous at this point.

Go ahead and send to PSA for $200 express , $ 300 super express. My $200 express submission with them for three cards took three months. BGS is the same although they only accept premium at the moment. Most of my cards are PC, CSG maybe new but their parent company has been grading for ages and the tops in comics and coins. They are new to CCGs and sporting cards and has just had a major investment by a group headed by Blackstone and Fanatics. The same Fanatics thats taking over the NBA, MLB and NFL licenses. I doubt they'll stop there. I'm here for the long run and cards I flip I send to SGC for $30 a pop with fast turnaround and more recognizeable than HGA. High ends I flip, I will send super express to PSA or BGS if its an auto patch/GU. But CSG gets my PC. I have cards that has been in PSA since last year, same with BGS, wait their there longer duhhh. I don't mind waiting. I'm more of a collector investor anyway.

On 9/2/2021 at 12:41 PM, jdmtdcollector said:

Go ahead and send to PSA for $200 express , $ 300 super express. My $200 express submission with them for three cards took three months. BGS is the same although they only accept premium at the moment. Most of my cards are PC, CSG maybe new but their parent company has been grading for ages and the tops in comics and coins. They are new to CCGs and sporting cards and has just had a major investment by a group headed by Blackstone and Fanatics. The same Fanatics thats taking over the NBA, MLB and NFL licenses. I doubt they'll stop there. I'm here for the long run and cards I flip I send to SGC for $30 a pop with fast turnaround and more recognizeable than HGA. High ends I flip, I will send super express to PSA or BGS if its an auto patch/GU. But CSG gets my PC. I have cards that has been in PSA since last year, same with BGS, wait their there longer duhhh. I don't mind waiting. I'm more of a collector investor anyway.

Just to clarify the express PSA actually took a little over three months for my PC cards. So should I be pissed at wait times? Go to SGC and HGA. I prefer clear slabs. there's none clearer. I keep my PC CSG, PSA and BGS.