• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A black insert

3 posts in this topic

As someone who also collects NGC coins, I love what the sister company of CSG does with the different colored inserts.  One thing I do like about SGC is the black insert, but not all cards look good with it.  I wish CSG would offer somewhere down the road to an insert option.  They could charge and extra $5 or so.  Am I crazy in thinking this, or would anyone else be interested in this?

I think some degree of customization options would be popular with people and no real reason not to offer it.  I'm sure it will be a while before csg and other grading companies can get out of the backlog they are facing and focus on innovating like that.  HGA does offer quite a few label choices, I think others will follow eventually with options.

I like it as it is. As a collector, I feel like the focus of collecting is always the card. I like authenticator services like CSG, BGS, PSA because there are cards that are faked and when your spending $$$ to get a card that you want, I just want to make sure its authentic. I do my research plus being slabbed and also double checked by a professional helps me gain more confidence on what im buying. But for me the focus has always been the card, which is why im not a fan of HGA. I feel like its more of a gimmick. Being slabbed allows me to admire and display my card without worry of it being damaged. I dont want people to say, wow what a nice slab! I want them to say, "wow, what a nice card!"