• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Improving the Label look

13 posts in this topic

I think the  area above the card is just too tall, it's almost 1/3 of the total holder size.  Should be compressed down so the card is featured more.  Keep all the info, just reduce font size if necessary.  The overall grade could stay the same size, but make the subs and card description smaller to reduce that area.

edit:  I do like the look of the label, just the size is borderline absurd.

Edited by CardHero

On 4/21/2021 at 8:01 AM, jdmtdcollector said:

Im actually starting to like it especially with the subgrades

Same here. There is a heft to the slab and the clear case is nice. Also the green has grown on me particularly because it's reflective. 

When I put it next to a PSA slab, the CSG definitely looks more modern.

I do think without the subgrades they should push the card info down into the whitespace below, but I don't plan on getting any without subgrades so whatever.

Following-up on this with some anecdotal market research with my cousins haha. Not familiar with PSA or CSG I had them hold each side-by-side and tell me what they thought. (Same card, PSA was a 10, CSG was a 9.5 if that matters) and they preferred the CSG "It just looks newer and it's heavier, and clear, and clean." 

I like the green but I don't like the way the border is uneven around the grade.  It looks like a license plate tag.  I would like it to be all around the label and either thinner, or with a stamp effect so that the white areas look like stamps.

Yes, CSG just needs to hire someone to design a label that looks appealing to the eye with the information on the label.  The lettering on the labels looks like a typewriter.   I love the CSG cases and the grading.   Just make them labels more appealing please.