• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Subgrade sales

7 posts in this topic

How important do you think subgrades are?  Has anyone noticed if CSG cards with subgrades are selling for more than those without?  As a collector, I personally would rather have them on the label of the cards in my collection.  For me it reduces the mystery of what is right or wrong with the card, and the labels without subgrades have a huge empty space. The question is; is it worth the extra money for cards you plan on selling?  

I agree, I do not concern myself with subgrades for vintage cards. I either use Beckett Vintage Grading (BVG) or PSA. However, with the cost of both services lately I won't be grading vintage anytime soon. Unless CSG proves to be a valid vintage card grader (only time will tell).

I'm getting back a vintage card that I chose subgrades for.  I think it can be valuable if some of the subs will highlight special features of the card.  This is a 1960 Mickey Mantle.  I knew it was really well centered and that the surface really popped and it looks like the subgrades support that and I'll make sure to emphasize that when I sell it.  Here's the raw card:

IMG_2529.jpg