• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60 working days to 80 working days has been updated

33 posts in this topic

Doubtful...I am very i unsatisfied with the service thus far.  I submitted economy and they have physically had my cards for over three weeks and still haven’t opened the box!!  Two weeks in a row I have been told they are processing orders from the week of March 8th!  So now, I have wasted over three weeks at their facility and the turnaround has increased from 40 days to 75.  Already just like every other grading company (except HGA)...sell a service at 2-15 days + 40 additional days and provide 15+ days (still unknown) + 75 additional days.  Good thing I sent in PC Cards to test the waters!  Would be thoroughly upset if I had sent in something of high value.  Now I know...pay out the nose to compete with the flippers or send somewhere else that values achieving the service that is sold.

3 hours ago, Stormysweather said:

Economy took the biggest percentage increase from 40 to 75 days. Ugh

Didn't Express go from 15 Business Days to 30 Business days?  Either way this is what I expected would happen with PSA essentially shutting down to new subs and SGC raising their base price to $75 per card.  I doubt that CSG is prepared for the volume of material they will now be getting either.  My guess is that they will increase the times at all tiers again very soon. 

Edited by mrmagoo

35 minutes ago, mrmagoo said:

Didn't Express go from 15 Business Days to 30 Business days?  Either way this is what I expected would happen with PSA essentially shutting down to new subs and SGC raising their base price to $75 per card.  I doubt that CSG is prepared for the volume of material they will now be getting either.  My guess is that they will increase the times at all tiers again very soon. 

Anyone who never anticipated something like this happening is either very naive or very unfamiliar with the current state of the grading industry 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

11 minutes ago, ItismeH said:

Anyone who never anticipated something like this happening is either very naive or very unfamiliar with the current state of the grading industry 🤷🏻‍♂️😅

Were not the ones who set the rules CSG did. They're were naive from the start. We as the "demand" have nothing to do with it. We all are familiar with the state of the industry but CSG is one who set the terms to attract customers with false hopes...indicating they had their stuff together. They do not. If I sell you a car with a 10 year warranty I'm not allowed to change that to a 4 year warranty before you drive off the lot. I don't think anyway...I'm not a car salesman.

28 minutes ago, Greg Christiansen said:

Were not the ones who set the rules CSG did. They're were naive from the start. We as the "demand" have nothing to do with it. We all are familiar with the state of the industry but CSG is one who set the terms to attract customers with false hopes...indicating they had their stuff together. They do not. If I sell you a car with a 10 year warranty I'm not allowed to change that to a 4 year warranty before you drive off the lot. I don't think anyway...I'm not a car salesman.

Just keep in mind these estimated turnaround times were in place before the whole PSA fiasco. Good luck with your sub and enjoy your weekend👍

Just now, ItismeH said:

Just keep in mind these estimated turnaround times were in place before the whole PSA fiasco. Good luck with your sub and enjoy your weekend👍

To be honest I've been looking at restoring late 60s model muscle car to pass the time. maybe early 70s. take my mind off of it. I have 12 more submissions ready to go but I'd like my 3 in progress to be done first. I found a 69 Chevelle for 1,500...I'm looking into it.

Just now, Greg Christiansen said:

To be honest I've been looking at restoring late 60s model muscle car to pass the time. maybe early 70s. take my mind off of it. I have 12 more submissions ready to go but I'd like my 3 in progress to be done first. I found a 69 Chevelle for 1,500...I'm looking into it.

It's a money pit. The mechanical part isn't bad, but if you don't know body work it gets pricey quick! As long as they log the cards in quicker I'm ok with the wait. It's not income for me. I hate not knowing if my cards are secure or not.

2 hours ago, ItismeH said:

Couldn’t agree more. PSA shutting down and SGC increasing prices buried CSG. Flippers only had one place to turn with their junk wax base cards and flavors of the week. I’m sure there are several hundred Darnold RCs awaiting grading at CSG right now.

1 hour ago, johnl702 said:

It's a money pit. The mechanical part isn't bad, but if you don't know body work it gets pricey quick! As long as they log the cards in quicker I'm ok with the wait. It's not income for me. I hate not knowing if my cards are secure or not.

Welding and fabrication is my personal specialty. The mechanical/engine stuff is just plain fun to learn and do, so far so good since my first chevy 4.3 engine rebuild on my S-10 Blazer back when i was like..20 ish. paint ...is annoying part.

29 minutes ago, M_B said:

Surprised the pricing didn’t increase along with the turnaround times....that’ll come next...

Hopefully not but I definitely wouldn't be shocked if they did. Still debating whether or not to make one more submission or just wait and see.

Seriously.....While I am not shocked holy batman.   PSA closes down for 3 months.  SGC basically says screw you, we don't want your business.... So look at CSG. Times are going to inflate even more people get in while you can.... Graded Cards will start going for triple their current prices in 4 months time. 

15 hours ago, mrmagoo said:

They prolly shouldnt have added bulk grading from guys like cade and others if they cant handle people sending in on there own. 

I sit at home wondering if they work a normal 5 days a week or 7 days a week for those that want overtime. If they work 8 hour days or 10 hour days and take overtime volunteers for the other 3 days of the week. Or...do they do 4/10s and also a 3/12 schedule for the weekend shift...and eliminate the OT all together. If they are planning to open different submission/grading locations in the US. It boggles my mind there is only 1 spot to send CSG submissions to. I've said it before but that's like a guy in New York ordering his Starbucks straight from Seattle. Insane. Which ever grading company figures this out and does any kind of data analysis on projections, wins. I honestly hope CSG does this. I absolutely prefer their slabs to any other. I checked the website no openings for VP of operations. 9_9 and i would ask about the use of Emojis in the interview.