• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

60 working days to 80 working days has been updated

33 posts in this topic

One interesting fact that I found was on YouTube there is an interview with CSG on April 5th and CSG says they have 10 full time graders for their sports card line.  That's it. 10 people are never going to be able to cut into the backlog.

22 hours ago, Angel Acevedo III said:

Did they even let customers know?  Or did they just let that update slip through.

I wonder if they'll honor the 40 days when you originally submitted/purchased.

They'll honor it if they can, sure, but as it says on any website for a company that grades cards, even when it said "40 days" that is no guarantee. So when you say "I wonder will they honor it" it's not a matter of honoring anything, as they get themselves out of that liability to begin with by saying, "No guarantees on turnaround time, these are just estimates."

21 hours ago, Glen Campbell said:

Doubtful...I am very i unsatisfied with the service thus far.  I submitted economy and they have physically had my cards for over three weeks and still haven’t opened the box!!  Two weeks in a row I have been told they are processing orders from the week of March 8th!  So now, I have wasted over three weeks at their facility and the turnaround has increased from 40 days to 75.  Already just like every other grading company (except HGA)...sell a service at 2-15 days + 40 additional days and provide 15+ days (still unknown) + 75 additional days.  Good thing I sent in PC Cards to test the waters!  Would be thoroughly upset if I had sent in something of high value.  Now I know...pay out the nose to compete with the flippers or send somewhere else that values achieving the service that is sold.

Honestly man you sound over-reactionary to the extreme. What do you think happened when PSA shut down and SGC raised their prices to 75/card? CSG prob got hit with an absolute onslaught of cards and they have adjusted their turnaround times as a result of it. 

In terms of their having your cards for three weeks before opening them, that's 15 business days, 25 business days and a full month and a half of pure calendar days until their previously-guessed 40 business day turnaround. 

I mean, it literally says on their website (and everyone else except HGA) there are no guarantees,  and if you are submitting cards to CSG then you should know what's going on in the market right now. 

I just don't understand why everyone is so upset. I have two bulk orders I sent in when it said 60 days. Not it says 80 days. So the hell what??? 

Esp if they are PC cards then what does it matter? You're not going to sell them and there's no deadline and at economy prices you paid 15/card. 

Mine arrived March 23rd so I guess im looking at Christmas. I was prepared for it to happen but was hoping they might be ahead of the game. PSA shutting off receiving puts significant pressure on all others. Ill be surprised if these are the last updates. Its the nature of the beast in the current market. To bad only four legit grading companies exist because we need double that.

How long doe it take PSA to enter your cards into the system? I have an order that PCSportsCards shipped to PSA on October 20th. Yes, almost 6 months ago. The system still says shipped. I'm being told they have it but they just refuse to update their system. Another Bulk order at PSA was shipped to them on October 17th and not entered as "Received" by them until November 18th. One full month. 

Why are you willing to give PSA a pass for not entering your cards in the system for a month, but then turn around and complain about CSG having your cards in house for the same amount of time? Nowhere on their website do they say that cards will be entered into the system on the day they arrive at the facility. They have acted fairly quickly, and I would probably say faster, than other TPG's at updating their turnaround times. They're not hiding. They are putting the information out there. Your cards may not get touched and updated daily but they have a lot of orders and are working as quickly as accuracy will allow them while trying to hire and train new employees. That takes time and will not solve the problem overnight. 

15 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

How long doe it take PSA to enter your cards into the system? I have an order that PCSportsCards shipped to PSA on October 20th. Yes, almost 6 months ago. The system still says shipped. I'm being told they have it but they just refuse to update their system. Another Bulk order at PSA was shipped to them on October 17th and not entered as "Received" by them until November 18th. One full month. 

Why are you willing to give PSA a pass for not entering your cards in the system for a month, but then turn around and complain about CSG having your cards in house for the same amount of time? Nowhere on their website do they say that cards will be entered into the system on the day they arrive at the facility. They have acted fairly quickly, and I would probably say faster, than other TPG's at updating their turnaround times. They're not hiding. They are putting the information out there. Your cards may not get touched and updated daily but they have a lot of orders and are working as quickly as accuracy will allow them while trying to hire and train new employees. That takes time and will not solve the problem overnight. 

Last I heard they were backed up 9 to 12 months. That was from my local card shop so I am not sure how reliable the info is. I dont give PSA a pass on anything they have duped and cheated the market through auction houses on multiple occasions. 

Edited by Chris1096

On 4/8/2021 at 2:09 PM, Glen Campbell said:

Doubtful...I am very i unsatisfied with the service thus far.  I submitted economy and they have physically had my cards for over three weeks and still haven’t opened the box!!  Two weeks in a row I have been told they are processing orders from the week of March 8th!  So now, I have wasted over three weeks at their facility and the turnaround has increased from 40 days to 75.  Already just like every other grading company (except HGA)...sell a service at 2-15 days + 40 additional days and provide 15+ days (still unknown) + 75 additional days.  Good thing I sent in PC Cards to test the waters!  Would be thoroughly upset if I had sent in something of high value.  Now I know...pay out the nose to compete with the flippers or send somewhere else that values achieving the service that is sold.

hga limits submissions, the slabs look awful, and they can't spell. enjoy.

Let's not underestimate the importance of the PSA shut down. If anyone has market share data, I'd love to see it. But there are many indicators out there of the size of the problem.

PSA said they have a 10 million card backlog.

PSA said they recently had in a 3 day period the volume of submissions that they'd had in 3 months last year.

PSA is the biggest by far, and the others can't possibly absorb their business. They probably all had a more-or-less proportional increase in submissions themselves--even before PSA shut down--because the whole market is exploding.

I don't know market shares. But if you search "psa card" on Ebay, there are 700k items for sale (I know this includes lots of non-PSA items but it's just an estimate). "bgs card" is 200k. "sgc card" is 90k. "hga card" is 1k. "csg card" is 1.4k. "cgc card" is 2.8k. So PSA is about 2/3 of the overall market. So each other company would have to triple their business to absorb the PSA business, if it went out proportionally to these Ebay numbers. Triple. And I assume that it's well, well over triple at the smaller ones.

So probably the non-PSA companies have at least 10 times the business they had a year ago, due to 3x for industry expansion overall and 3x to absorb PSA shut down.

Crazy times in this industry.

Edited by David in CA