• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy to be here!

6 posts in this topic

I will say that CSG has become my go to grader but we all need to realize that it is only a matter of time before they get significantly backed up. Collectors want their cards graded as fast as possible. Look at what happened to SGC during the pandemic. If you read some of the other threads here you will see people who are talking about sending in hundreds of low end cards at a time just looking to rip and flip. Just realize that you are going to have to deal with longer wait times no matter who you decide to go with.

22 hours ago, tmoore_25 said:

I will say that CSG has become my go to grader but we all need to realize that it is only a matter of time before they get significantly backed up. Collectors want their cards graded as fast as possible. Look at what happened to SGC during the pandemic. If you read some of the other threads here you will see people who are talking about sending in hundreds of low end cards at a time just looking to rip and flip. Just realize that you are going to have to deal with longer wait times no matter who you decide to go with.

I do not agree with you about having to wait a long time for cards to be graded. If the grading company is honest and list actual turnaround times, customers will be more understanding and know exactly what is going on with there cards. That is another problem have with psa, there turnaround times where never accurate and there customer service is non existent. I am not here to pile onto psa, but do not expect that all companies will run there business like that. 

If a grading company has good customer service and is honest with there turnaround times, they will have plenty of customers. And if there cards look sharp, are graded accurately and sell for fair market value, they will rise to the top. Lets hope this is CSG.

2 hours ago, John M Young said:

I do not agree with you about having to wait a long time for cards to be graded. If the grading company is honest and list actual turnaround times, customers will be more understanding and know exactly what is going on with there cards. That is another problem have with psa, there turnaround times where never accurate and there customer service is non existent. I am not here to pile onto psa, but do not expect that all companies will run there business like that. 

If a grading company has good customer service and is honest with there turnaround times, they will have plenty of customers. And if there cards look sharp, are graded accurately and sell for fair market value, they will rise to the top. Lets hope this is CSG.

I'm not saying that you should have to wait. I'm saying that it is just what is going to happen. Once the word gets around more that CSG is as good or better than the other grading companies out there, people will start flooding them with cards. They will be just like SGC. Their wait times will get longer as they hope they can some how keep up. They will not be able to and will then start to hire and train more people but that will take time. SGC was flooded with cards, wait times went to the moon. I think they ended up having to move to a new facility, hire and train a bunch of employees, discontinue group submissions, and finally after PSA opened back up, their wait times returned to normal. HGA is only able to meet turnaround times because they limit the amount of cards submitted. PSA and BGS have done nothing and we won't see our cards for 6 to 9 months if not longer.

I want CSG to succeed and they will, but there will be some bumps here in the beginning until they can figure out the right balance of employees compared to the average number of submissions.

On 3/26/2021 at 8:35 PM, John M Young said:

I strongly agree with the fact that their customer service is almost non existent. Sometimes it took 4-5 days to get a response and sometimes nothing at all. I was very impressed to see how fast the CSG reps responded to my questions both via email and facebook message. Hope they keep it up.