• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a timeline for when y'all will start accepting non-sports trading cards (non-gaming)?

5 posts in this topic

I've been getting comics graded via CGC for years. I have a stockpile of non-sports cards (star wars, rittenhouse, scfihobby, etc) that I need to get graded. The other grading companies are just out of line on their pricing and/or not accepting low end submissions at present time. Just looking to see if the service is going to be incoming, on the horizon, or in the far future? 

13 hours ago, LordBurke81 said:

I've been getting comics graded via CGC for years. I have a stockpile of non-sports cards (star wars, rittenhouse, scfihobby, etc) that I need to get graded. The other grading companies are just out of line on their pricing and/or not accepting low end submissions at present time. Just looking to see if the service is going to be incoming, on the horizon, or in the far future? 

Non-sports trading cards are also graded by CGC. Currently, their focus is grading Pokemon and Magic the gathering trading cards. CGC will make an announcement if they expand to other types of trading cards.

Id sure like one of the two CSG or CGC to start accepting non-sport Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc. Market is big but I dont see them accepting any new types of cards in the near future. Im sure catchup is what all grading companies are putting all their efforts towards currently.

Edited by Chris1096

7 hours ago, Chris1096 said:

Id sure like one of the two CSG or CGC to start accepting non-sport Marvel, DC, Star Wars, etc. Market is big but I dont see them accepting any new types of cards in the near future. Im sure catchup is what all grading companies are putting all their efforts towards currently.

My thoughts exactly! 💯  Unless you want to see more increased wait times and/or price hikes!