• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card entry is honestly clunky and time consuming to use for submissions

15 posts in this topic

Honestly, after spending years using PSA's order entry fields, I found that trying to enter a bulk sub on CSG's online order form was very time consuming and clunky to use. Instead of trying to have to fill out 15 different fields one by one and trying to guess on set/subset/attributes, could you guys make it similar to PSA where as you start typing, it starts pre-filling closest matched sets/cards and then you can select or manually fill in one single field? Took me forever to fill in the beginning 40 cards in my sub.

On a side note, judging from the way the cards enter, you can add sub grades at will, card by card if you wanted on even a bulk sub? so its not all subs or all no subs? you can mix/match per card if you wanted?

I agree 100%. What a joy to use PSA's online system, and what a pain to use anyone else's. It's like all the other grading companies are little mom and pop businesses that don't really want to make the investment in coding / web design that would make their product *so* much more pleasant. CSG should be able to pull this off. I assume it's a very common coding approach, as most everything online (and in software) seems to auto-complete our entries like PSA does.

Edited by David in CA

Also, don't like how you can't save your sub halfway through, or see what other subs you have entered. Once you print it, it is gone. Please mimic system PSA uses. No need to reinvent the wheel here. Obviously collectors like it, and are use to that style.  

I've sent in 2 bulk orders with them and it's taking too long for them to let me know that I've submitted the cards and they have received it. It's been almost 2 weeks and 3 weeks and I've received no information as far as if it was received. Also like the other person said once you press submit the document goes away and there is not record for you. You cannot go back and confirm it , its kind of scary to be in my position right now

4 hours ago, KBost33 said:

Also, don't like how you can't save your sub halfway through, or see what other subs you have entered. Once you print it, it is gone. Please mimic system PSA uses. No need to reinvent the wheel here. Obviously collectors like it, and are use to that style.  

Yea I had to leave the page open to continue the sub. No way I was able to confirm if I could save it and continue later so I didn’t wanna chance it. 

4 hours ago, KBost33 said:

Anyone else have to enter the data into the field more than once? That total sucks. 

Plenty of times. Sometimes it would keep not taking the info I was putting in and zero out the boxes and I had to keep entering it over and over. Would take me forever just to get one single card entered. The entire sub took me way longer than it should to enter the cards. 

17 hours ago, dictoresno said:

Yea I had to leave the page open to continue the sub. No way I was able to confirm if I could save it and continue later so I didn’t wanna chance it. 

Plenty of times. Sometimes it would keep not taking the info I was putting in and zero out the boxes and I had to keep entering it over and over. Would take me forever just to get one single card entered. The entire sub took me way longer than it should to enter the cards. 

Exactly! Way to long!  Not enough to give them $2 more per card though..but frustrating for sure. 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:33 PM, Davin M said:

its on purpose they want you to use their quick submit process for $2/card 

I tried with the submission with entering cards yet found that it took way to long. So I just did the quick submit.  extra 100 bucks for a 50 bulk.  Sucks yet it saved me a few hrs of heartache 

On 4/10/2021 at 4:48 AM, Mulder4321 said:

I tried with the submission with entering cards yet found that it took way to long. So I just did the quick submit.  extra 100 bucks for a 50 bulk.  Sucks yet it saved me a few hrs of heartache 

I did this exact same thing... Mostly because i  couldn't find 2020 Football Donruss Optic in the drop downs either... There was only optic preview....

JUST an FYI- make sure you check your orders. I just did a large 110 card submit, or thought I did. When I was finished, and finalized deal, I noticed that some of cards I entered didn't show-up. I had a big stack, and knew I wanted to do 110 cards, didn't realize that some that I typed in didn't get added to my cart. So at the end, I actually had 120 cards, was charged right amount, but didn't catch that 10 weren't entered. In future, I am gonna count out a 100, and have them in stacks of 25 to make sure my order is correct. Lesson learned. 

ALSO- I noticed that my order had a name changed. I entered in 1993-94 Topps Finest 136 Shawn Kemp, on final print out, it read 1993-94 Topps Finest Jim Jackson. Hopefully my handwritten adjustment  won't cost me additional fee. 

while I agree that the submission takes time on the user end.   I think the amount of detail helps them save time in grading and gets us our cards back quicker.   The detail should help them find the correct card easily on speed up their process.  I have seen HGA and other companies where they screw up the card label and put wrong info on it.   

and......... they have a simple answer for people who are too busy to do it.  $2 per card is very minimal is you don't have the time.

11 minutes ago, bski80 said:

while I agree that the submission takes time on the user end.   I think the amount of detail helps them save time in grading and gets us our cards back quicker.   The detail should help them find the correct card easily on speed up their process.  I have seen HGA and other companies where they screw up the card label and put wrong info on it.   

and......... they have a simple answer for people who are too busy to do it.  $2 per card is very minimal is you don't have the time.

I can do a 50 card order in about an hourish... So unless you are making $100 per hour, (50x$2), the $2 isn't worth it to me ... that is how I look at it.. but I can see it being used on some big bulk orders..