• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Declared Value of Card for raw card I'm submitting or expected graded value?

9 posts in this topic

When creating a submission it's not clear to me what value I should put in declared value.  Other companies specify that declared should be the expected value of the graded card.  The CSG submission form doesn't specify, just says enter estimated value of your collectible.  

15 hours ago, rms13 said:

When creating a submission it's not clear to me what value I should put in declared value.  Other companies specify that declared should be the expected value of the graded card.  The CSG submission form doesn't specify, just says enter estimated value of your collectible.  

Thank you for your question! A good resource for determining the value of your cards are completed eBay auctions and the posted prices of large sports card dealers, since CSG does not assign values to any cards. Let me know if you have further questions.

1 hour ago, robotur said:

Still need clarification, are we putting the ebay value of the raw card or potential value of the graded card.  should it be the raw value since we have no idea what the final grade will be.

I mailed off my submission today.  The way I take the wording from CSG is declared value is the value of the raw cards you are sending in for insurance purposes so you can be compensated if something happens to them.  So I put down fair market value of raw cards I sent

3 hours ago, rms13 said:

I mailed off my submission today.  The way I take the wording from CSG is declared value is the value of the raw cards you are sending in for insurance purposes so you can be compensated if something happens to them.  So I put down fair market value of raw cards I sent

When I made my submissions, I declared the value on my items as I thought they would grade and based on FMV comps.

7 minutes ago, ItismeH said:

When I made my submissions, I declared the value on my items as I thought they would grade and based on FMV comps.

I know that is what PSA wants because they upcharge you stuff based on graded value.  If it's strictly for insurance then I don't think CSG would pay out hypothetical graded FMV if something happened to the cards.  Besides I'm not a professional grader and it's my first time getting anything graded so I'm sure my estimations will be off by two grades.  The other problem is there are no comps for CSG graded versions of any cards I submitted and hardly any CSG sales data on ebay yet.  So far I'm estimating 75% of the value of similar graded PSA but there really isn't enough data to judge acurately

1 minute ago, rms13 said:

I know that is what PSA wants because they upcharge you stuff based on graded value.  If it's strictly for insurance then I don't think CSG would pay out hypothetical graded FMV if something happened to the cards.  Besides I'm not a professional grader and it's my first time getting anything graded so I'm sure my estimations will be off by two grades.  The other problem is there are no comps for CSG graded versions of any cards I submitted and hardly any CSG sales data on ebay yet.  So far I'm estimating 75% of the value of similar graded PSA but there really isn't enough data to judge acurately

I hear you. I'm all new to making submissions for grading myself. When in doubt, just check out the link the administrator posted above regarding the declared value policy.