• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

12 of 22 recived a 0 Grade

9 posts in this topic

I don't get it.  I sent in 22 cards and 12 of them got a 0 grade. 

I've had these in storage since the 80's.  I broke up sets for most of them.   So what does a 0 grade mean?  

There's got to be something really wrong going on here. 

1 hour ago, AFraser said:

I don't get it.  I sent in 22 cards and 12 of them got a 0 grade. 

I've had these in storage since the 80's.  I broke up sets for most of them.   So what does a 0 grade mean?  

There's got to be something really wrong going on here. 

Hopefully if these were all 80s cards you're going to get 12 SU (Service Unavailable) cards.  If so then you don't have to pay for them. I experienced it on an 80s card and the cause was that sometimes those cards aren't cut exactly to the current size of cards so they can't put them in the holder without doing damage.  They should have a larger holder soon to get around this problem.

Unfortunately, if they're not SU then they might be one of the other codes which means that their AI technology thinks your card has been altered.  I'm hoping they fix their tech on that soon because I've had a couple and seen a bunch more that were completely untouched and their AI decided otherwise.

Thanks Andy.  I don't have them in my possession yet, so I don't know for sure.  I was told, though, that they weren't fitting into the holders but weren't altered. 

Cards are from 60's, 70's, 80's.   Now, just found 1 of 2 on another submission is a 0, guessing that's the same issue.  

Would be nice if I was 13 of 23 in early season at bats, but it's not a good otherwise. I've got 100 card submission I haven't sent in yet and now I'm not sure what to do.  If I've 56% old cards "don't fit" in their cases.

12 minutes ago, Greg Christiansen said:

Thanks for letting us know that they're working in grading at least. 20 days of submission progress silence. For all I know my cards were delivered to a gas station across the street. 

Make sure you send certified or registered my guy, at least you'll have a peace of mind that it was signed for when received.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 PM, ItismeH said:

Make sure you send certified or registered my guy, at least you'll have a peace of mind that it was signed for when received.

I handed off at a trade show, I didn't send registered. Which is better, registered or show rep?

Because my stuff is still unaccounted for- somewhere in the warehouse. 

I think it's hard to say what's best at this point. So many varieties of issues being mentioned.