• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clarification On Card Measurements
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am confused about why CSG will not grade cards that "measure larger than the published catalog size'' however there is a tolerance for cards which measure smaller than published catalog size.  Why is there no tolerance for cards that measure larger?  I deal exclusively in vintage material and the size of an original card can vary.  I would think a slightly oversized card would be more preferable than one that is slightly smaller.

So if I submit a card that is slightly large and t will not be encapsulated will I be charged the grading fee?

Thank you,

Greg

• Administrator
On 4/4/2021 at 12:20 PM, mrmagoo said:

Hi,

I am confused about why CSG will not grade cards that "measure larger than the published catalog size'' however there is a tolerance for cards which measure smaller than published catalog size.  Why is there no tolerance for cards that measure larger?  I deal exclusively in vintage material and the size of an original card can vary.  I would think a slightly oversized card would be more preferable than one that is slightly smaller.

So if I submit a card that is slightly large and t will not be encapsulated will I be charged the grading fee?

Thank you,

Greg

Hello @mrmagoo,

CSG is in the process of developing holders for thicker and oversized cards and we hope to launch them in the coming weeks. Until then, CSG only has one holder size and must limit the cards it can grade. Please find the link below for more details. 

https://www.csgcards.com/card-grading/cards-we-grade/