• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torn on whether to CSG these

21 posts in this topic

Torn on what to do with these. I have hit a bunch of 10's on these same cards from the same cases I pulled these from. PSA 10s are monsters on Tatis.  I know CSG is tougher grader, haven't seem many Gem 10s.. Love the $50 express vs $300 super express... such a tough call. Anyone grade any of these? Since there is no Pop Report would love to know what grades have been on these. These are not PC, will be 100% resell cards. Any feedback from those that have graded these cards before with CSG.. thanks! 

20210403_162006.jpg

On 4/3/2021 at 5:24 PM, KBost33 said:

Torn on what to do with these. I have hit a bunch of 10's on these same cards from the same cases I pulled these from. PSA 10s are monsters on Tatis.  I know CSG is tougher grader, haven't seem many Gem 10s.. Love the $50 express vs $300 super express... such a tough call. Anyone grade any of these? Since there is no Pop Report would love to know what grades have been on these. These are not PC, will be 100% resell cards. Any feedback from those that have graded these cards before with CSG.. thanks! 

20210403_162006.jpg

i seen csg 9.6 for these good luck 

20210403_162006.jpg

Send them to CSG. 

20210403_162006.jpg

Personally I’d pass on sending to csg especially if your trying to sell them , csg doesn’t hold much value on resale 

20210403_162006.jpg

3ABE51E2-E893-4587-AA3A-9C3D1D1279BB.thumb.png.b4d8fd8992469536c56c6112c0a564ef.pngi would send to csg there good value cards but not worth $200 grading fee at psa, $500 is a good price for that card if he or she gets it, i think there perfect cards for csg the more csg slabs on ebay the more value we will get, collectors know the grading is fair and more on the tuff side if there buying for the card theyll start buying csg slabbed cards 🤞 ha  worse comes to worse sub em at csg and if psa really comes back at $10 a card crack em n resend em with a damn good idea of what the grades will be or most likely get a grade higher 

On 11/22/2021 at 10:35 AM, BigRob. said:

Personally I’d pass on sending to csg especially if your trying to sell them , csg doesn’t hold much value on resale 

why are you on a csg chat if you wouldnt sub with them especially popular rookies like acuna n tatis, are you just trying to sabotage a new sports grading company? ya run out of old ladies to mug? doing a little research is one thing but totally discouraging someone to use a company sounds like ya got stock in sgc maybe personally pass on being on a csg site if ya have no intention of ever using them 

On 11/28/2021 at 8:48 PM, micky 8 said:

why are you on a csg chat if you wouldnt sub with them especially popular rookies like acuna n tatis, are you just trying to sabotage a new sports grading company? ya run out of old ladies to mug? doing a little research is one thing but totally discouraging someone to use a company sounds like ya got stock in sgc maybe personally pass on being on a csg site if ya have no intention of ever using them 

i do sub with them and like the slabs and have over 150 of them but i was refering to roi if you know what that is ( return on investment ) you must of missed that but then again i responsed to someone asking if they should use csg or not for there cards and i gave my thoughts , just cause im in a csg chat doesnt mean im not gonna be honest . 

On 11/30/2021 at 3:29 PM, BigRob. said:

i do sub with them and like the slabs and have over 150 of them but i was refering to roi if you know what that is ( return on investment ) you must of missed that but then again i responsed to someone asking if they should use csg or not for there cards and i gave my thoughts , just cause im in a csg chat doesnt mean im not gonna be honest . 

fair enough my apologies that was a little uncalled for, as far as roi are those cards worth 150-200$ fee at psa for top value? Its fair to say its better to flip cards with hga or sgc at this time for an increased roi and its definantly not wrong so my bad your entitled to your opinion. im hoping for your 150 slabs more people continue to sub with csg so all of our csg values go up down the line, but your right it doesnt mean flippers should take a hit in some bigger plan for csg values to increase in the future.  

On 11/30/2021 at 10:58 PM, micky 8 said:

fair enough my apologies that was a little uncalled for, as far as roi are those cards worth 150-200$ fee at psa for top value? Its fair to say its better to flip cards with hga or sgc at this time for an increased roi and its definantly not wrong so my bad your entitled to your opinion. im hoping for your 150 slabs more people continue to sub with csg so all of our csg values go up down the line, but your right it doesnt mean flippers should take a hit in some bigger plan for csg values to increase in the future.  

i have 3 more orders with them , they grade tough and i like the slabs alot , slabs are very clear and feels good in the hand , its gonna take sometime for value to go up with them but i pick and choose what cards go to what grading comapny , vintage sgc all day , if im looking to flip something high dollar its going to psa for everything else i use csg and sit on them and hope the value go up . Most of what i send to get graded is for pc and to leave for my kids one day  , but with grading companies catching up with all the back log cards they have the market is gonna get flooded with so many slabs from everyone . I think there is about 18 or so active grading companies out there and i most of them will fold and csg , psa , sgc , fcg, hga and bgs will be the ones left standing . 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:30 AM, BigRob. said:

i have 3 more orders with them , they grade tough and i like the slabs alot , slabs are very clear and feels good in the hand , its gonna take sometime for value to go up with them but i pick and choose what cards go to what grading comapny , vintage sgc all day , if im looking to flip something high dollar its going to psa for everything else i use csg and sit on them and hope the value go up . Most of what i send to get graded is for pc and to leave for my kids one day  , but with grading companies catching up with all the back log cards they have the market is gonna get flooded with so many slabs from everyone . I think there is about 18 or so active grading companies out there and i most of them will fold and csg , psa , sgc , fcg, hga and bgs will be the ones left standing . 

agree, yea im still holdin back on a few big cards debating to wait for psa because its a such a major value difference with high value cards, you dont like csg for vintage? i was nervous subing vintage with csg but started watching alot of vintage csg reveals and changing my mind not as harsh as i thought on vintage, your right market is already gettin flooded with slabs even on base cards, im only buying low pop or low print run cards, even psa slabs are decreasing in price at times i bought a few psa 10's dirt cheap last week, alot of grading companies will keep the grading fees reasonable hopefully but your right most wont make it a year when psa n bgs return even csg hga n sgc wit there increased prices gonna take a hit 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:29 PM, micky 8 said:

agree, yea im still holdin back on a few big cards debating to wait for psa because its a such a major value difference with high value cards, you dont like csg for vintage? i was nervous subing vintage with csg but started watching alot of vintage csg reveals and changing my mind not as harsh as i thought on vintage, your right market is already gettin flooded with slabs even on base cards, im only buying low pop or low print run cards, even psa slabs are decreasing in price at times i bought a few psa 10's dirt cheap last week, alot of grading companies will keep the grading fees reasonable hopefully but your right most wont make it a year when psa n bgs return even csg hga n sgc wit there increased prices gonna take a hit 

and with the markey you have to pick and choose what you send and where you send it , again i think in order first to last will be PSA , BGS, SGC, CSG , FCG and HGA  will be the go to companies and i could be wrong but just my thoughts . 

Edited by BigRob.

I have no further interest in letting CSG grade any more of my cards ever. I run on average an 80% average with PSA and BGS getting back gem mint cards. I used the same system for a 50 card bulk order and what came back was about 30% gem mint average. I cannot waste any more money here when I know for certain that the return on my investment will be so much lower. I can wait until the other two open back up to get more cards graded. Why are they so brutal?? I see this company as a waste of time and money because I have yet to sell any of the CSG cards either on Ebay as it seems no one is buying them. This has left a total bad taste and not to mention they took over 6 months to return a 30 day order. Not a happy customer. 

On 12/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, getadeal22 said:

I have no further interest in letting CSG grade any more of my cards ever. I run on average an 80% average with PSA and BGS getting back gem mint cards. I used the same system for a 50 card bulk order and what came back was about 30% gem mint average. I cannot waste any more money here when I know for certain that the return on my investment will be so much lower. I can wait until the other two open back up to get more cards graded. Why are they so brutal?? I see this company as a waste of time and money because I have yet to sell any of the CSG cards either on Ebay as it seems no one is buying them. This has left a total bad taste and not to mention they took over 6 months to return a 30 day order. Not a happy customer. 

Sounds to me like your system needs an update and/or reboot.

Can you provide evidence that you get an 80% gem rate with PSA/SGC? I can almost guarantee you can not. ALso, a 30% Gem Rate with CSg sounds awfully high, so can you provide evidence you get that rate as well? 

I'll wait. 

On 12/13/2021 at 11:35 AM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Sounds to me like your system needs an update and/or reboot.

Can you provide evidence that you get an 80% gem rate with PSA/SGC? I can almost guarantee you can not. ALso, a 30% Gem Rate with CSg sounds awfully high, so can you provide evidence you get that rate as well? 

I'll wait. 

97E6F07A-7C80-46C6-9FB9-46EF20034DD5.png

On 12/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, micky 8 said:

97E6F07A-7C80-46C6-9FB9-46EF20034DD5.png

this was a study done by a youtuber this doesnt include patch cards because there too hard to grade but the gem mint rate is 10% lower then psa not that bad, this includes mostly modern cards for csg and all cards for psa, All modern psa 10's i would assume around 60-70% if ya know how to screen your cards well. I personally prefer an accurate grader like csg but you can definantly see the upside for flippers with psa. hope this helps