• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Topps baseball coins
1 1

11 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 8/3/2023 at 10:01 AM, Barry Stiller said:

Does CGC grade 1964 and or 1971 baseball all star coins?

Thank you for reaching out. Yes, we will grade both the 1964 and 1971 Topps coins.

On 8/29/2023 at 12:20 PM, northkorea said:

I assume CGC will grade them, since CCG has access to NGC holders.

And, based upon Ryan’s link, I would be wrong. :D 

Why would CSG opt to holder the coin in the rectangle holder instead of using the actual coin holders from NGC? Does NGC grade the sport coins, too?

On 8/29/2023 at 5:27 PM, northkorea said:

What does grade SU mean? Does it stand for status unavailable?

I wonder if they graded it, but it didn’t fit the standard holder, but was too thin for the thickest holders.

I believe it means service unavailable, but am not home at the moment to look.  I do believe it was graded, but then didn’t fit their holders in the end.  Not sure why some are apparently getting graded and encased but mine didn’t.  Perhaps they barely fit and there is some variance in the size of each coin, but no one has explained the real reason to me!

On 8/30/2023 at 10:15 AM, Junk Wax Addict said:

I believe it means service unavailable, but am not home at the moment to look.  I do believe it was graded, but then didn’t fit their holders in the end.  Not sure why some are apparently getting graded and encased but mine didn’t.  Perhaps they barely fit and there is some variance in the size of each coin, but no one has explained the real reason to me!

I agree it was graded, as I’ve never had an actual label included with my returned ungraded subs… just that post it sheet.