• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Standard card returned in penny sleeve in oversized card case
1 1

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I just received back my first ever grading submission of 7 cards.  They all look great except for 1.  It is a standard sized card which was returned in an oversized card carrier and put into a penny sleeve so that it won't move around.  The issue is that the penny sleeve makes the card look warbled.  My question is if this is acceptable practice or should CSG (now CGC) be willing to change to a standard case?  Thank you.

On 6/22/2023 at 11:40 AM, RHuff said:

Hello,

I just received back my first ever grading submission of 7 cards.  They all look great except for 1.  It is a standard sized card which was returned in an oversized card carrier and put into a penny sleeve so that it won't move around.  The issue is that the penny sleeve makes the card look warbled.  My question is if this is acceptable practice or should CSG (now CGC) be willing to change to a standard case?  Thank you.

This happens quite a bit. The standard CSG slab barely fits a perfectly sized 2.5" by 3.5" card. If your card is slightly bigger than 2.5" by 3.5" from a factory cut, there isn't enough room for the card to fit in the standard case. This is why they have to use the plastic sleeve. PSA will do this as well, but less often as their slabs can accommodate slightly larger cards. This is one of the few issues I have with CSG. Changing to CGC won't change this, the slabs are exactly the same.