• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s going on with this card I just pulled?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I had bought a sealed deck of 90 Topps. I started pulling cards and noticed one card was very thick. I pulled it out to see what was going on and it was the Griffey jr. Rookie card. 
This is out of a sealed pack. Every other card was like any other deck. Was this a test run card that slipped by ??  

* The last picture is side by side with a card from the same deck *

IMG_7371.jpeg

IMG_7372.jpeg

IMG_7373.jpeg

On 5/7/2023 at 6:55 PM, RT Liquid said:

Thanks for the reply.

Why would they put it on the bottom of a wax box? It has to be from the factory, would this be titled a misprint or error ???  

I thought I had replied to this somewhere, but I think that’s cut from the TOP of the box, not the bottom. When you say “sealed deck,” do you mean some sort of blister pack that would hang? If so, those aren’t issued by Topps. Those are after market repacks.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:57 AM, northkorea said:

I thought I had replied to this somewhere, but I think that’s cut from the TOP of the box, not the bottom. When you say “sealed deck,” do you mean some sort of blister pack that would hang? If so, those aren’t issued by Topps. Those are after market repacks.

Looks like the top of my 90's Topps rack boxes