• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1 of 1 Registry Points
1 1

11 posts in this topic

I have submitted several 1 of 1 cards for the same set.  While most of the cards were allocated points (1031851001 and 1033119001), one card (1031851002) was not and the following is listed in the description "Non-competitive; for display only".  Can you please clarify why some 1 of 1 cards are allocated points, and others are not?  Thank you.

• Administrator

Hello, 

Thank you for bringing the slot to our attention.  We are slowly making corrections to slots labeled as Non-competitive.  The necessary changes have been made to your score.

Hi Maribeth.  Thanks a bunch...greatly appreciated.

I'm curious though, the card just added, (1031851002) is a first round HOF and was allocated under 100 points, while the other two cards were allocated over 400?  Do I need to request a correction?

Again, thank you!

• Administrator

I have reviewed the other cards and made any necessary updates.  

The CSG scoring algorithm takes into consideration many factors when calculating a score, including, but not limited to, the grade of the card, recent sales, and number of available cards. 

On 5/2/2023 at 7:53 AM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

I have reviewed the other cards and made any necessary updates.  

The CSG scoring algorithm takes into consideration many factors when calculating a score, including, but not limited to, the grade of the card, recent sales, and number of available cards. 

Are you still in the process of making corrections to card scores? I’ve sent many score correction requests months ago and not had a single response. Do I need to resend all of them? I thought this was to be done in April. 

• Administrator

Hi Warner85, 

Any score correct requests which were in our queue for review have been processed.  You would not receive notification once they were completed.  If your score corrections were due to the system updates not showing a score for your card, our programmers are still working to resolve this issue.

On 5/2/2023 at 11:02 AM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

Hi Warner85, 

Any score correct requests which were in our queue for review have been processed.  You would not receive notification once they were completed.  If your score corrections were due to the system updates not showing a score for your card, our programmers are still working to resolve this issue.

I have a 2003-04 Upper Deck Rookie Exclusives Dwyane Wade GOLD /100 CSG 9

The GOLD parallel is somehow worth 60 pts while the base card is worth 50- Both in CSG 9

How is that correct when the Gold is 1000x more rare and sells for 10-20x more? 

We also used to get emails saying the score correction was processed. Whether the score was changed or not.

Do I need to resubmit a score correction again and wait another 6 months?

• Administrator

Hi Warner85, 

I made any necessary updates to the base card.  

Due to the increased popularity of the CSG registry, the team no longer sends email updates and concentrates on set and slot requests. The programming does not automatically send notification when score corrections have been reviewed.

On 5/2/2023 at 2:26 PM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

Hi Warner85, 

I made any necessary updates to the base card.  

Due to the increased popularity of the CSG registry, the team no longer sends email updates and concentrates on set and slot requests. The programming does not automatically send notification when score corrections have been reviewed.

Instead of increasing the value of my rare card /100 we are just dropping the value of the base? That’s perfect, thanks!

• Administrator

The scores for the base card were incorrect based on recent sales and when updated in the scoring algorithm, the scores dropped.  If you wish to provide recent sales documentation for the gold parallel, we will be happy to review the scores for that card again.

On 5/3/2023 at 6:12 AM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

The scores for the base card were incorrect based on recent sales and when updated in the scoring algorithm, the scores dropped.  If you wish to provide recent sales documentation for the gold parallel, we will be happy to review the scores for that card again.

Are we really revising scores with recent sales? Wouldn’t almost all card scores drop by 60% from the start of the registry if we revise them with current prices?

I don’t think I should have to come up with this data but this is all I’ve got.

There is one comp of the Dwyane Wade gold /100 that only sold for 60 due to its condition. I paid 120 for mine 6 months ago. For comparisons I would compare Dwyane Wade to Chris Bosh more in favor of Dwyane Wade due to his popularity and abilities?

Comps are all over the place so please look them up, but on average the Dwyane Wade base sells for 3-5 times more than the Chris Bosh but in the registry Chris Bosh is worth 60% more than Dwyane Wade both graded CSG 9 (37 vs 23) There are no recent sales for the Chris Bosh Gold parallel as they are rare.. I don’t know if this will accomplish anything except bring down the Chris Bosh cards…