• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I get a card re-evaluted?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I have a gem mint in an old CSG 9.5 green label. I know if I reholder it in the new black label, it's a automatic 10. But I was wondering if can I have it re-evaluated to see if it can be a Perfect 10 gold label? If it doesn't qualify, can you just send it back as is?

I was told by your customer service to submit as a reholder and make a note on my contingency. However, I saw no option/section to make any notes on what my contingency plan for the card. Can someone help?

4342029_Full_Obv.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello, unfortunately you were told some incorrect information. We do not offer a service to review the card and send back as is if it does not meet the perfect 10 criteria at this time. You may submit it for a Reholder service and it would receive the Gem Mint 10 label or you may resubmit it for grading to try to get the perfect 10 grade. If resubmitting for grading, it would be removed from its holder and treated as a raw card and its previous grade would not be factored into the grading process. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Why don't you have a ReGrade/ReEvaluation service or at least a Grade PreScreen service where you other companies do?? And how come your customer service is not very knowledgable on what CSG offers or can do?

On 4/27/2023 at 8:17 AM, Bullet01 said:

Why don't you have a ReGrade/ReEvaluation service or at least a Grade PreScreen service where you other companies do?? And how come your customer service is not very knowledgable on what CSG offers or can do?

BTW, that card would be unlikely to get a perfect grade. The centering subgrade was the one that changed when they went from green to black, so a 9/10/10/10 “9.5 green” might have had a shot at a “10 gold,” depending on why the centering was scored a 9.