• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

quality control
1 1

6 posts in this topic

How much attention is paid to labeling? In the past i have seen an anniversary 2004 si kids tony hawk in the 1990 label and it was actually displayed as the main photo on csg website for grading.

Last summer i submitted a new set not in the database which was a great experience. It was 1987 NWA wonderama these have a specific brown backing. I love csg and have sent more grading since. But now i just came across this 1988 NWA card on ebay in the 1987 label. 

Below is the mislabeled card. As of now this is the only one but this is very frustrating to see. 

ED210E8A-5CDF-4A53-8547-0C382AC2CA2E.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello,

Our team is well-trained in the verification and authentication of these cards. Unfortunately, there are some errors as we are humans. We have begun implementing AI technology to assist with the verification process to find out the names of each specific card submitted. This is not used to grade cards. I am sorry this occurred. We can always correct label issues for free by the original submitter or by a future owner. I have let our team know of this so they can review this card and if possible, have it returned for correction. Thank you for letting us know. If you have any other questions, feel free to let us know. Have a great day!

What exactly is being done about this? I brought up this specific set the 1987 brown back test run vs 1988 normal nwa wonderama. Just human error the explanation was. Or maybe is it the AI as the front of these cards are the same just the backing is different? So far this example above is the only 1988 labeled as a 1987. Typically the 1987 are 5x-10x more valuable if not more. Please don’t completely ruin the pop count like the other companies have done. I just submitted 4 of the 1987 test set that just got graded and shipped today but of course now these are wrongly labeled the 1988 set. Do you have no way of internally marking similar looking sets so graders/labelers can decipher the difference? Considering i just brought this up 2 weeks ago and clearly nothing has been implemented to fix potential future errors for the proper labeling and pop reporting.

Edited by Staches

• Administrator

Hello @Staches,

As I mentioned, this can be returned through our Mechanical Error service to have its label and card information corrected. Please utilize our self-serve Mechanical Error feature on the Online Submission form using the link HERE to return your item for correction. Simply select Mechanical Error as your service and follow the directions to retrieve a free shipping label to have this returned to us. Feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions

On 4/18/2023 at 6:28 AM, Staches said:

And as i mentioend this is a separate new issue on the same set of cards. Stop trying to skip over it as some one off error and actually try to implement corrections to your process. 

I think Matt’s responses have been fair. It does get frustrating to see mislabeled cards owned by someone else (such as my ongoing concern with the major grading companies grading 2001 unauthorized Hawaii Winter Baseball Ichiro Suzuki cards as 1993), but the reality is they can’t force all mislabeled cards to be returned. I suppose they could invalidate the database, but that wouldn’t change what the physical label says.