• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NO INFO ON THIS ERROR CARD??????
1 1

9 posts in this topic

i HAVE A 1991 DENNY'S GRAND SLAM CARD #26  it is tim raines on the front and has don mattingly stats 0n the back. and I can not find any info about this card anywhere on the internet. and I have the same card without the error. I called upper deck they made the cards for dennys there only reply was  they call those wrong backs and have no value and I should send it to them. so they could make sure it was one of the cards they made and with no guranntee they would return it. (I find that a very shady thing to say)   And why is it that every card grading service want you to pay for membership before you can send in cards to be graded and then charges you again for grading and a handling fee as well.   

And how will it be graded and who will be the one to grade it and what happens if it misplaced or some you send it to upper deck to confirm it and they dont send it back.

Sorry but all the answers given to me so far have been less then trustworthy. and the pay in advance just leaves to much room to be given far less with no recourse.

Thanx now lets see how your reply is different from the others given.

J.Fox 

• Administrator

Hello @flynfox13, thank you for contacting CSG. We cannot disclose the names of the graders that will be reviewing your card, but we can assure you that your card will be carefully handled by a team of expert grading professionals. If you would like to read a little more about our team, please visit About CSG | Meet Our Sports Card Graders. Additionally, please note that your card will not be sent to Upper Deck during its grading process with us. I have sent your inquiry to my senior grading team for some insight on how your card's error may be attributed. I will reply here again once I have received a response.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Ok I have read alot of the post here and the CSG replies and it would same that unless I pay the $99 to join your little club I will not get a reply other than I will have to send it in at what point will I find out if it is real or not.  

20230218_002401.jpg

20230218_002605.jpg

20230218_002530.jpg

The card is 1991 Upper Deck Denny's Grand Slam Card #26 Tim Raines.  You can see it here on Comc.com.

I don't think it is a common error.  I would assume not alot out there,  Value would be based on what someone would be willing to pay.

Edited by Waxxius

On 4/1/2023 at 9:42 AM, flynfox13 said:

And how will it be graded and who will be the one to grade it and what happens if it misplaced or some you send it to upper deck to confirm it and they dont send it back.

#1 I doubt Upper Deck would want you to send the holo back to them. It’s over 30 yrs old, and they’re under different ownership. Even if they did want it, it would be mainly to see if anyone (highly unlikely) counterfeiting junk wax food holos.

#2 Even if it’s super rare, I don’t imagine there being a large market for these, so it’s probably not worth grading.

#3 Your holo has a lot of scratches on the shiny side, so it would get a low surface grade, anyway.

I think the non-error versions sell for 50c-$2, so I can’t imagine this being worth the cost of grading.

• Administrator

Hello @flynfox, thank you for providing those photos. Per the grading team, this is how the label structure will look if the card is submitted:

1991 Denny’s Holograms 

#26 Tim Raines

Wrong Back

Please note that since we call out “Wrong Back” on the label, we will not detract from the grade, as it is a “as made” factory error. We hope this helps in your decision towards if you'd like to submit to us. Thank you!