• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading for a miscut card
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I’m trying to determine if some cards are worthy of grading.  I reviewed your grading criteria and a miscut card is difficult to determine the grade.  If a card such as the one attached want would be the highest grade it could get with sharp corners.  Thanks.  Appreciated

charley

6196967A-7883-48B8-8529-E87F09990206.jpeg

• Administrator
On 3/19/2023 at 3:33 PM, Cicnews4you said:

I’m trying to determine if some cards are worthy of grading.  I reviewed your grading criteria and a miscut card is difficult to determine the grade.  If a card such as the one attached want would be the highest grade it could get with sharp corners.  Thanks.  Appreciated

charley

6196967A-7883-48B8-8529-E87F09990206.jpeg

Good Morning,

I reached out to the CSG grading team and was told the following in regard to your Roberto Clemente card:

The miscut is pretty standard and it's not bad enough to notate. Since centering is taken into account, it would be in the VG 3 grade range. 

On 3/21/2023 at 8:51 AM, CGCRyan said:

Good Morning,

I reached out to the CSG grading team and was told the following in regard to your Roberto Clemente card:

The miscut is pretty standard and it's not bad enough to notate. Since centering is taken into account, it would be in the VG 3 grade range. 

Thanks for your response.  It is appreciated.

On 6/22/2023 at 12:42 PM, RHuff said:

Question relative to this.  Is a miscut card of a popular player more or less valuable?  I have a similar looking Randy Johnson miscut card.

Miscut cards are less valuable in the hobby. In the coin world, things like this would hold more value. In card collecting, this is not the case. 

On 6/27/2023 at 9:02 AM, redfoxdutchman said:

Miscut cards are less valuable in the hobby. In the coin world, things like this would hold more value. In card collecting, this is not the case. 

An addendum to what you said… such miscut seem to hold value in the TCG space… in some instances for paper money collectors, too. I think, if a stamp somehow had a perforation in the middle of the image, that might also have collectible value.