• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1962 Post Cereal Football

3 posts in this topic

I sent in a great looking Joe Morrison card that I had collected/purchased way back in the 1980`s...Since I am starting to get some VG cards graded, I decided to get the Morrison Hand Cut card graded.I had it  in a holder that was real good to see if the card had been cut to much to make it mint with sharp corners..It fit perfectly into this holder,so I figured it had been cut correctly..I have not received the cards I sent in back here yet..But on this site,it has AU where the grade would be,and no number.But on the population report,I think it has a grade of 1...I would like to know the reason for which this low number was given..Will I get a letter/note when I get my cards back stating the reason ?? Many thanks guys & gals...Alamo

I can't speak of why your card received an AU grade other than saying that if a specific card is hand-cut smaller than the industry standard for that particular card it will receive an AU grade.  As for why the AU card shows a grade of 1 on the Population Report all AU cards show as a 1 since there is no AU designation on the Population Report.  You will also find that if you add your card to the CSG Registry it will also receive points assigned to the grade of 1 for scoring purposes.  Generally speaking you will not receive any notice or information as to why a card grades a certain way.

Edited by TheRealKyleMcC

On 2/17/2023 at 2:27 PM, Alamo Cards said:

I sent in a great looking Joe Morrison card that I had collected/purchased way back in the 1980`s...Since I am starting to get some VG cards graded, I decided to get the Morrison Hand Cut card graded.I had it  in a holder that was real good to see if the card had been cut to much to make it mint with sharp corners..It fit perfectly into this holder,so I figured it had been cut correctly..I have not received the cards I sent in back here yet..But on this site,it has AU where the grade would be,and no number.But on the population report,I think it has a grade of 1...I would like to know the reason for which this low number was given..Will I get a letter/note when I get my cards back stating the reason ?? Many thanks guys & gals...Alamo

If you really feel your card met the minimum dimensions, contact customer service.