• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O/C for TCGs vs sportscards

4 posts in this topic

Hello NK,

With regards to your question, I found the following on pokemoninvesting.com with regards to Pokemon cards:

"These Miscut/Off Centered cards are very rare due to the quality control from WOTC and Nintendo to make sure that most cards come out in decent condition before being packaged into booster packs. Collectors tend to pay a lot more for a Miscut/Off Centered card compared to a really good centered version of the same card. Some collectors even get these cards graded and hope for a "Miscut" placed on their PSA label. "

I don't know how true the comment above is and it may simply be a perception thing that has circulated around the TCG collecting community where OC cards are deemed a rarity instead of an instance of bad luck that gets thrown away.  But then again, it could be true as I remember how bad Topps quality control was in the past.

Hope that helps

-TwoYewts