• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Impeccable CSG Case Question
1 1

4 posts in this topic

I recently sent in a bunch of Impeccable WWE cards for grading.  All the cards were autos the same thickness.  All the cards were in the same size "grading case", but 5 of them were put in a thicker case (like double the thickness).  I wanted to have all the cards in a uniformed case, as I had prior graded cards in my collection.  Does anyone know why the thicker cases were used?  Keep in mind, there was no difference in card thickness.    Thanks.  

• Administrator

Hello @Stldicarlo,

Although cards can seem the same thickness, micro variations in a cards size can change what our team will use for encapsulation. If they feel a card would be damaged in one holder or another they will change the encapsulation method accordingly. If you would like, you can send this in for a reholder service but it may be returned to you in the same fashion as before. I am sorry for the inconvenience this may cause. 

On 2/6/2023 at 10:36 AM, Stldicarlo said:

I recently sent in a bunch of Impeccable WWE cards for grading.  All the cards were autos the same thickness.  All the cards were in the same size "grading case", but 5 of them were put in a thicker case (like double the thickness).  I wanted to have all the cards in a uniformed case, as I had prior graded cards in my collection.  Does anyone know why the thicker cases were used?  Keep in mind, there was no difference in card thickness.    Thanks.  

Same happened to me recently. Card from a set I’m putting together. They happened to put it in a thick holder with a sleeve, which looks awful in my opinion. I wanted to display the set on a shelf in individual holders I bought that fit CSG standard size slabs. I’ve heard they’ve ran out of standard size slabs before so have to use larger ones with sleeves. That was when they were starting out so I’d think there would be something in place to keep this from happening again. I could be wrong but I have a hard time believing that several sets will fit into the standard size encapsulation, but a slight variance in thickness in the same set requires a larger holder.