• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to determine the value of a 1 of 1 card?

2 posts in this topic

I was an avid sports card collector as a kid and have recently hopped back into collecting with my son.

We have a 2017-18 Ultimate Collection Connor McDavid 1 of 1 Award Winning Shield card. It's beautiful.

I want to send it in to be graded. How do you determine the value of a 1 of 1 card as I have nothing to compare it to?

7A60C778-FC1C-4AFC-8340-A2469360FDAF_1_105_c.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello @DeniTheCeli,

This is a great question! If you do not know the collectible’s current fair market value, you can assign a declared value based on the price you paid for the collectible (if purchased recently), a value you found in a price guide, the price a dealer offered to pay you for the collectible or other reasonable determining method. Unfortunately 1 of 1s are a difficult price to find. I would suggest reaching out to a local card dealer in your area for more information. You can find a list of Dealers in your area HERE.

As a reminder CSG does not assign values to collectibles. If CSG determines that a collectible is undervalued and does not qualify for the tier or services selected, it may adjust the tier and charge the appropriate difference in grading and/or services fees based on its determination of the collectible’s current Fair Market Value. (Note: CSG will adjust the tier even if the collectible is later determined to be not genuine, altered or otherwise ungradable.) CSG will not, however, change the declared value originally assigned by the submitter.

If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know. Have a great day!