• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CSG now doing autograph authentication?

10 posts in this topic

On 1/13/2023 at 5:03 AM, CrystalM CS said:

Hello! This was part of a special promotion, and we are not currently evaluating or authenticating aftermarket signatures. Thank you. 

So, did the items come with provenance from a different source?

• Administrator
On 1/13/2023 at 3:56 PM, northkorea said:

So, did the items come with provenance from a different source?

Hello @northkorea

These items were not submitted to CSG as a standard submission and instead were part of a CSG special promotion. As part of this promotion, our team confirmed the authenticity and preserved the provenance of these mementos. 

On 1/15/2023 at 1:47 PM, northkorea said:

I'm still lost. So does CSG authenticate autographs or not?

only on card autos from the manufacturer, not an auto ya got waiting in the parking lot, Im kinda glad I think its impossible to know for 100% I think the psa dna/ auth is total bs and guarentee they authenticated tons of fake auto's, Csg might want to collab with players to do signings at shows to authenticate on site but other then that I dont care if your NSA you cant 100% confirm an auto, I'm an illustrator on the side I can forge anything 

On 1/18/2023 at 4:37 AM, micky 8 said:

only on card autos from the manufacturer, not an auto ya got waiting in the parking lot, Im kinda glad I think its impossible to know for 100% I think the psa dna/ auth is total bs and guarentee they authenticated tons of fake auto's, Csg might want to collab with players to do signings at shows to authenticate on site but other then that I dont care if your NSA you cant 100% confirm an auto, I'm an illustrator on the side I can forge anything 

The thread was created in response to CSG authenticating items autographed by Michael Jordan. Those weren’t pack pulled, nor manufacturer authenticated.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, northkorea said:

The thread was created in response to CSG authenticating items autographed by Michael Jordan. Those weren’t pack pulled, nor manufacturer authenticated.

they dont grade sneakers eighther but they had the jordan collection at the national, just another marketing promotion they made an exception for, not a service they're providing 

On 1/18/2023 at 10:08 PM, micky 8 said:

they dont grade sneakers eighther but they had the jordan collection at the national, just another marketing promotion they made an exception for, not a service they're providing 

They didn’t grade said sneakers. They *did* grade the autos on those sheets.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:16 PM, northkorea said:

They didn’t grade said sneakers. They *did* grade the autos on those sheets.

ha you are correct, im sure they are capable of authenticating auto's but they probably have paperwork or other evidence to back the sheets up, Authenticating auto's for customers doesnt seem like something csg can guarentee 100%, the psa dna thing is bs no way they can be 100% certain of an auto, they dont even allow handwriting experts in courts of law because its a junk science, psa gets away with everything and customers never hold them accountable authenticating bogus auto's is just another psa scam