• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My First submission

23 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Happy to be the first person to start a thread here, wooohoo! lol

So I sent in 61 cards for the bulk tier in early March, mainly from a 1989 and 1990 Fleer Basketball Wax box. Will post the results when they're graded in probably 2 more months. It seems from what I've noticed it's very hard to get either of their two versions of a 10, where as PSA gives 10's out somewhat frequently. So I'm feeling pretty unhopeful that any of my 61 cards will get a 10. I kind of feel like those two grades are being treated as 9.9's are in the comic world, but I guess we'll see. They were all pack fresh and I'd say maybe 10-20 of them had great a shot at a 10 grade, with a handful more having potential. Even if I get a bunch of 9's and 9.5's though that will be cool as well.

So either way, looking forward to the results. I like what I'm seeing from resale values online so definitely plan to submit a bunch more.

Edited by LDarkseid1

20 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

It seems from what I've noticed it's very hard to get either of their two versions of a 10, where as PSA gives 10's out somewhat frequently

I wouldn't worry about this. There's a lot of hype around a certain grading company right now, but at some point, collectors will wake up and realize the condition of the card is what matters, not the slab the card is in.

1 hour ago, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I wouldn't worry about this. There's a lot of hype around a certain grading company right now, but at some point, collectors will wake up and realize the condition of the card is what matters, not the slab the card is in.

No that definitely makes sense. I’m very new to card grading and was initially going to jump into that “other company”. But I’m not happy with their cost/grading times so CSG coming on board has been refreshing!

Hi all, glad to see a forum started. Super excited to have another choice for grading services. On topic, I also submitted for the first time with CSG in early March. I have checked my pending orders and it does not show a submission. My question is if it only shows as "received" when they start the grading process, or when it was physically received at the dock? I submitted a bulk order so I do not have an expectation of speed, but was hoping to at least see confirmation that they got the cards (other than the tracking number, of course).

Got the answer from the ask thread, it is when they are able to log the shipment, so it may show as delivered on tracking, but not yet post to CSG account. 

Edited by mgaphysics
Found info on ask theead

I also sent in a 50 card submission and will be sending in more very soon.  Don’t know why some sports card collectors don’t trust csg with there cards when comic book collectors will trust the same company with million dollar Superman comics.  

2 minutes ago, Mulder4321 said:

I also sent in a 50 card submission and will be sending in more very soon.  Don’t know why some sports card collectors don’t trust csg with there cards when comic book collectors will trust the same company with million dollar Superman comics.  

I think many people are just used to the other major players still, and don’t want to accept anything new. Money talks though, and especially in this industry! So as CSG resale values climb more and more I suspect those collectors will come on over. 

3 hours ago, mgaphysics said:

Hi all, glad to see a forum started. Super excited to have another choice for grading services. On topic, I also submitted for the first time with CSG in early March. I have checked my pending orders and it does not show a submission. My question is if it only shows as "received" when they start the grading process, or when it was physically received at the dock? I submitted a bulk order so I do not have an expectation of speed, but was hoping to at least see confirmation that they got the cards (other than the tracking number, of course).

Got the answer from the ask thread, it is when they are able to log the shipment, so it may show as delivered on tracking, but not yet post to CSG account. 

I had the same question about recording date. I did make a suggestion that if submitter includes the tracking number, maybe another receiving type status could be used to at least show the package made it onsite. Since their USPS shipments go to a PO Box, I believe they need to pick up the items. FedEx/UPS are shipped to the site I believe. 

For perspective, USPS showed delivered/picked up on the 9th. My CSG status updated on the 19th to received

Edited by B-Boy Sports Cards

2 hours ago, B-Boy Sports Cards said:

I had the same question about recording date. I did make a suggestion that if submitter includes the tracking number, maybe another receiving type status could be used to at least show the package made it onsite. Since their USPS shipments go to a PO Box, I believe they need to pick up the items. FedEx/UPS are shipped to the site I believe. 

For perspective, USPS showed delivered/picked up on the 9th. My CSG status updated on the 19th to received

So is 10 days the typical amount of time from the Post Office showing "delivered" until CSG marking "received?"  I sent in my first bulk order and wasn't sure what to expect.

Edited by jwhauser

18 minutes ago, jwhauser said:

So is 10 days the typical amount of time from the Post Office showing "delivered" until CSG marking "received?"  I sent in my first bulk order and wasn't sure what to expect.

I think there’s a forum specifically for these questions called “Ask CSG”. And then I believe a CSG rep will get to it.

FYI, their P.O. Box is actually inside their facility.  So once you see your package has been delivered, it is actually on site.  Going by what it takes for getting Pokemon/MTG cards graded, it takes about 2-3 weeks then to log it into the system as "received".

Edited by Jolthammer1

Hey there. Personally, I appreciate being a member on the ground floor of a new and upcoming company. Simply put, there are “certain” grading companies that have made it impossible for me to support them any longer. The prices continue to soar while the waiting times continue to soar? How is that customer friendly? 

I wanted to find a reputable company that I can simply afford and also offers the customer choices. I believe I found that in CSG. 

Like many of you, I’m eagerly waiting to receive my first five cards back, all baseball with some pretty big upside. I’m genuinely happy there’s a message board as well! Good luck to all, and let’s get those 10s...9.5s are a good time too! Lol!

On 3/24/2021 at 4:52 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Hey Everyone,

Happy to be the first person to start a thread here, wooohoo! lol

So I sent in 61 cards for the bulk tier in early March, mainly from a 1989 and 1990 Fleer Basketball Wax box. Will post the results when they're graded in probably 2 more months. It seems from what I've noticed it's very hard to get either of their two versions of a 10, where as PSA gives 10's out somewhat frequently. So I'm feeling pretty unhopeful that any of my 61 cards will get a 10. I kind of feel like those two grades are being treated as 9.9's are in the comic world, but I guess we'll see. They were all pack fresh and I'd say maybe 10-20 of them had great a shot at a 10 grade, with a handful more having potential. Even if I get a bunch of 9's and 9.5's though that will be cool as well.

So either way, looking forward to the results. I like what I'm seeing from resale values online so definitely plan to submit a bunch more.

“I like what I'm seeing from resale values online so definitely plan to submit a bunch more.”

Couldn’t agree more. That’s the first thing I did before joining two weeks ago. I tracked a few auctions and they’re very comparable. Good luck with the submission. 

12 minutes ago, jday68 said:

“I like what I'm seeing from resale values online so definitely plan to submit a bunch more.”

Couldn’t agree more. That’s the first thing I did before joining two weeks ago. I tracked a few auctions and they’re very comparable. Good luck with the submission. 

Yeah that’s all I wanted to see before I sent my first submission in. The 2nd bulk submission was an automatic go once it became evident they would likely equal PSA someday. At least I think they will. And YouTube videos on results has been predominantly positive on the grades and look/style of the slab. I’ll admit I think some people are having a tough time adjusting to the fact it’s extremely difficult to get 10’s whereas PSA has given them out with relative ease historically. I think collectors will accept it more though as time goes on. So basically the CSG 9.5 kinda becomes the new 10.

Just to add I’m really interested to see what my Topps 66 Mickey Mantle comes back. Was pretty low grade but I’m just soo inexperienced with card grading still I have no clue what to expect, whether it will be like a 1 or a 3 lol. So will be fun to see that!

29 minutes ago, Greg Christiansen said:

Just curious if your submissions are moving and grooving or... if the have yet t be acknowledged.

My first submission was received on March 9th. I think it was delivered about a week or two before. It’s now in the “scheduled to be graded” phase. My second submission was received late last week. So I suspect it will be acknowledged in around a week.

Edited by LDarkseid1