• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1990 Tom Glavine Blackless #506 Card
1 1

7 posts in this topic

Hello

So I've haven't been collecting since I was a kid back in the 80's and everything is new to me. The cost quality and and ...

Anyhow please advise on this Tom Glavine blackless card. Please note the1/3 of the card where the Topps logo is. The blackless streak is from top to bottom. Has anyone seen a Tom Glavine card that is considered blackless. What's the definition of a true blackless card? Does the black, thin line border have to be broken in certain areas? Any help would be much appreciated.

I should mention this card comes from a vending case. Most but not all of the Glavine cards look like the photo below. There are also several other cards that appear to be what one could consider blackless, but I'm still trying to figure it out. Like Turn back the clock Fred Lynn, Jody Davis, Tom O'Malley, and some other's haven't done a dive into them.

Thank in advance.

Greg

IMG_1623.JPG

Edited by 12020

a majority of the cards (that I've looked at) with black borders, some grey, as well as some of the cards that are commonly know to have blackless are missing black lines, or part of.

Posted photos on different forum.

Any input would be great.

Thanks