• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$250 card value on bulk submission

10 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question. The declared value must represent the FMV (fair marked value) of a genuine collectible of that same issue and variety in the same approximate condition. For a better description of this, you can review our declared value policy HERE. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 11/7/2022 at 9:22 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Thank you for your question. The declared value must represent the FMV (fair marked value) of a genuine collectible of that same issue and variety in the same approximate condition. For a better description of this, you can review our declared value policy HERE. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

How do you edit the declared value on the submission form?

• Administrator

Hello, 

After you have added a card to your cart, you can not edit the declared value. You will need to delete this card and re-add it to your submission form. If you have already finished your submission, and checked out, you will need to create a new submission form. Rest assured, we will only charge you for the submission form we receive at our office. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I am new to this card grading so I sent in 32 cards in a bulk order.  For example some of these cards were rookies like Deon Sanders, Erik Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Derek Jeter etc.  The other cards are cool Jordan cards but are not from his first year in the league.  I sent them in to be graded as I truly have no idea what they are worth and want them graded so I then know.  Most of the rookies I stated a $250 value.  Others $100.

So my question is how does this work.  IF the Derek Jeter grades low it is under $100.  If it grades high it is worth $1000 +  

If my cards grade high will I be charged more?  Because I sent them in a bulk lot are they destined to be low grades?  Does the grader even know what tier the card is sent in as?

For the record,  there should be a flat fee to grade a card no matter the grade.  You should have to pay more to get a card graded faster but not for the quality of the card as the job of the grader does not or at least it should not change based on the cards grade.

I look forward to a response. 
Respectfully,

Mark

• Administrator

@Super Silver

Thank you for your inquiry.  The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your item was lost or damaged while with us.  Each tier of service covers up to a maximum specified insurance level and you must choose a tier of service that will accommodate the declared value for your item. Services and Fees

We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your card. In the event that your card was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the card to a higher grading tier and you would just pay the difference in the grading fees at that time. You can review our Declared Value Policy here:  Declared Value Policy.

Please note, your cards will not be down graded just because they are in the bulk tier. Our graders are aware of the tiers you submit your cards through, but they acurately review each card for its Declared Value at its current condition. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:08 AM, MattM CS said:

@Super Silver

Thank you for your inquiry.  The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your item was lost or damaged while with us.  Each tier of service covers up to a maximum specified insurance level and you must choose a tier of service that will accommodate the declared value for your item. Services and Fees

We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your card. In the event that your card was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the card to a higher grading tier and you would just pay the difference in the grading fees at that time. You can review our Declared Value Policy here:  Declared Value Policy.

Please note, your cards will not be down graded just because they are in the bulk tier. Our graders are aware of the tiers you submit your cards through, but they acurately review each card for its Declared Value at its current condition. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Just curious why you would inform your graders as to what tier any card was submitted?  Any psychologist would confirm that any preconceived notions whether knowingly or unknowingly would by nature     skew the way an individual perceives and or in this case grades an item.  It would be an interesting study to see how many high grade cards come from the lower vs the higher submitted tiers.  Thank you for your time and consideration.

Mark

• Administrator

Hello,

The tier information goes with the cards through the submission process to be sure submissions with faster turnaround times are finished within their estimated turnaround. This however, does not affect the grade of the card. Our graders review each card individually for its condition. The tier of service has no affect on this grade. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 11/21/2022 at 5:03 PM, Super Silver said:

I am new to this card grading so I sent in 32 cards in a bulk order.  For example some of these cards were rookies like Deon Sanders, Erik Dickerson, Adrian Peterson, Derek Jeter etc.  The other cards are cool Jordan cards but are not from his first year in the league.  I sent them in to be graded as I truly have no idea what they are worth and want them graded so I then know.  Most of the rookies I stated a $250 value.  Others $100.

So my question is how does this work.  IF the Derek Jeter grades low it is under $100.  If it grades high it is worth $1000 +  

If my cards grade high will I be charged more?  Because I sent them in a bulk lot are they destined to be low grades?  Does the grader even know what tier the card is sent in as?

For the record,  there should be a flat fee to grade a card no matter the grade.  You should have to pay more to get a card graded faster but not for the quality of the card as the job of the grader does not or at least it should not change based on the cards grade.

I look forward to a response. 
Respectfully,

Mark

its raw! Unless your cards comps are over $250 raw you can use bulk, the tiers are so csg can insure your cards for shipping 

On 11/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, Ccgjag31 said:

As I read this requirement, I read it as any single card submitted may not be worth more than $250. However, is this graded or raw value? 

raw before grading most companies pretty leniant with it cause comps change, its for your benefit believe it or not, if your card is 300 raw most will let it slide and keep you at bulk rate