• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unlimited walk-through service

12 posts in this topic

Good afternoon. I am reading some of the posts and other questions about receiving shipments and understand there is a delay in entering packages received into the system. This makes sense considering what is going in the grading industry. My question is does this apply for the unlimited walk through service as well. I see it is stated these packages will be opened first, giving priority over other tiers. So for example, if there are hundreds of packages that have not been opened from a couple of weeks ago, if you were to receive a walk through one it would get opened before the other packages that have been sitting for weeks. Are the walk through packages opened the day you get them, no matter how many shipments are waiting? Thank you for your time. 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, Chin's Cards said:

Good afternoon. I am reading some of the posts and other questions about receiving shipments and understand there is a delay in entering packages received into the system. This makes sense considering what is going in the grading industry. My question is does this apply for the unlimited walk through service as well. I see it is stated these packages will be opened first, giving priority over other tiers. So for example, if there are hundreds of packages that have not been opened from a couple of weeks ago, if you were to receive a walk through one it would get opened before the other packages that have been sitting for weeks. Are the walk through packages opened the day you get them, no matter how many shipments are waiting? Thank you for your time. 

Thank you for your question. Packages are opened in the order that it is received and also it depends on the tier.

Thank you for the reply but my question was not answered. So what I’m hearing from this response is that an unlimited walkthrough package that arrives on a Monday will NOT be opened IF there is 2 weeks stockpile of other packages that arrived in the previous weeks. So the unlimited walkthrough quote of 2 days BEGINS when the package is opened only. This means a WK marked package can sit at the facility for multiple weeks waiting to be opened. If that’s true that unlimited walkthrough packages can be signed for and NOT opened the day they arrive, that is disappointing. What is the point of writing WK if the package will simply sit unopened for weeks? 

On 4/5/2021 at 6:51 PM, 7Snookers said:

I had a walkthrough delivered on the 2nd of April and it is not in the system yet if that answers your question. Bummed about it as I would have been able to get in to a Goldin auction sooner than later.

Thank you, that confirms for me that even with the WK on it, it still has to “wait” in line of for being received. I was under the impression that unlimited walkthrough was prioritized and opened when it arrived. That is disappointing to know that unlimited walkthrough had to sit and wait it’s turn.

7 hours ago, Chin's Cards said:

Thank you, that confirms for me that even with the WK on it, it still has to “wait” in line of for being received. I was under the impression that unlimited walkthrough was prioritized and opened when it arrived. That is disappointing to know that unlimited walkthrough had to sit and wait it’s turn.

I disagree. It makes perfect sense. For example, you buy an express pass at an amusement park, several people might have one just like you, but the people with the express pass in front of you will go first. The non-express ticket holders will be allowed in the park as well, but in a staggered fashion of course. 

3 hours ago, ItismeH said:

I disagree. It makes perfect sense. For example, you buy an express pass at an amusement park, several people might have one just like you, but the people with the express pass in front of you will go first. The non-express ticket holders will be allowed in the park as well, but in a staggered fashion of course. 

Are you disagreeing that WK has to wait (see 7Snookers response) or are you disagreeing with me when I say WK should be "advanced" and opened BEFORE other tiers? The example you gave actually supports my position that WK should get priority treatment.  I'm confused as to what you are disagreeing with...