• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Card Cleaning
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I'm putting together my first grading submission and I'm curious about card cleaning. I've seen YouTube videos of people cleaning their cards with alcohol pads and other things before submitting them. The big thing seems to be removing fingerprints. Is this recommended or would CSG return the cards ungraded?

you are just wiping them off with a microfiber cloth.   That isn't altering the card.  I have observed this being a must on newer cards and a good thing on many older cards.   Why would you leave a finger print or specs of dust on them to get a bad surface score?

1 minute ago, tmoore_25 said:

Your breath and a micro fiber cloth is all you should need. If you are using a chemical or wax, then that is altering and CSG should not grade. Plus you don't really know what those chemicals might do to your card in a year or five.

I didn't even think of using my breath. That's a great idea.

On 4/1/2021 at 11:11 AM, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

I'm putting together my first grading submission and I'm curious about card cleaning. I've seen YouTube videos of people cleaning their cards with alcohol pads and other things before submitting them. The big thing seems to be removing fingerprints. Is this recommended or would CSG return the cards ungraded?

dont use alcohol its too strong itll eat away at the card, a papertowel or microfiber cloth and sometimes dudes pull off the top layer of foil cards but dont recomend untill you  practiced alot on bad cards