• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is CSG to do?

5 posts in this topic

Considering PSA just closed up shop for a couple months and now SGC just raised the base price from $25 to $75 per card, what is CSG going to do in order to alleviate the flood of cards you are about to receive?  I hate it, but you guys are going to have to do something such as limiting the submissions or we will never see our cards in the future.

On 4/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, tmoore_25 said:

Considering PSA just closed up shop for a couple months and now SGC just raised the base price from $25 to $75 per card, what is CSG going to do in order to alleviate the flood of cards you are about to receive?  I hate it, but you guys are going to have to do something such as limiting the submissions or we will never see our cards in the future.

Thank you for your question. We know that turnaround times are important to our customers. We are currently experiencing extremely high submission volumes and are working hard to complete submissions as quickly as possible while ensuring the quality of our services.

***puts on tinfoil hat***

I actually think PSA stopped submissions as an evil genius move to hurt their competition. It sounds counterintuitive, but the main criticism of PSA has been their backlog and TATs. Well, they knew stopping submissions would crush SGC and CSG and create backlogs and rough TATs. I don't think they anticipated SGC raising prices like they did. I also find the timing of PSA's move more than curious. They've had a backlog for over a year and decide to stop taking submissions less than a month after CSG launches?

Exactly

1 hour ago, PunsRTonsOfFun said:

***puts on tinfoil hat***

I actually think PSA stopped submissions as an evil genius move to hurt their competition. It sounds counterintuitive, but the main criticism of PSA has been their backlog and TATs. Well, they knew stopping submissions would crush SGC and CSG and create backlogs and rough TATs. I don't think they anticipated SGC raising prices like they did. I also find the timing of PSA's move more than curious. They've had a backlog for over a year and decide to stop taking submissions less than a month after CSG launches?

In addition, PSA did so right at release time for Prizm Basketball and Bowman Baseball. Two of the biggest submission products. So, you could say their timing was just right both to benefit themselves as well as make their competition look bad. I know CSG is going to have high turn around times now but as long as they aren't the same length as PSA I am ok with it. Not thrilled but I can live with it.