• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

card value ratings way off

15 posts in this topic

Im an active member of this registry as well as your competitors registries.  I will say you guys have gotten better but it still leaves a lot to be desired.  I really want to cross all my various player sets (thousands of cards) but there needs to be more incentive.

The value system is just so way off which is keeping bigger collectors from sending big cards and their entire PC's.  I understand that there were changes to the database and its not your jobs to know the value or rarity of each card but its pretty bad in some cases.  Like a 2003-04 Topps contemporary collection Gold #/25 in a CSG 8 was given a value of only a 2.  Its the lowest numbered parallel in the set and its highly condition sensitive where a 9 is tough to achieve, combined with low print run.  Only 2 sold in 15 years!  And my chrome 06-07 X-Fractor which is rarer than the Gold refractor of that year with a print run of only #/10, was given only a value of 22 in a gem mint. 

Some sets are just more sought after by collectors, some parallels rarely ever hit a public marketplace, some serial numbers are misleading (a product that didnt sell could have had half the print run destroyed). Some cards are condition sensitive making lower grades more valuable etc.  Some scrub players in high grades are weighed heavier in certain sets due to them being notoriously off centered.  There needs to be some card guys in that department, helping to access these things before I submit some of my bigger cards from my other PC's.  Seems like you guys are doing well with super modern and ok with vintage but that modern (1981- early 2010s) needs some help.

I believe in you guys though, we are rooting for you all.  Keep up the good work.

Edited by MAMASCOOKINPC

I agree.

1950 Bowman Marion Motley rookie with only 75 copies graded 8 or higher across CSG, SGC, PSA and BGS is worth less points than a 2018 Jim Brown Auto /10 graded 10 and a 2020 Nick Chubb Stained Glass graded 10.

I get the two latter cards are excellent, rare cards, but the Motley is 72 years old!  How many more copies are out there that will grade 8 or higher?  Let’s not for forget the historical significance of Motley on top of that.

The vintage baseball scores are obnoxiously high compared to other sports too!  I have seen people in the top 50 with only 1 or 2 cards!

B8C332B5-7664-4A73-80BB-2D811A043AEB.jpeg

CE4CBC45-AEF4-4558-80A3-D324BEA3C3B2.jpeg

40866226-FB8B-4366-9CD9-9BF20E25A32D.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello, 

There are many factors involved in the CSG Registry scoring algorithm which may include, but not limited to, print runs, difficulty in obtaining/purchasing the card, and market value. We have reviewed the scores and made any necessary changes.  For future score correction requests, please follow the directions in the link below.  Thank you.

On 8/26/2022 at 3:00 PM, MAMASCOOKINPC said:

Im an active member of this registry as well as your competitors registries.  I will say you guys have gotten better but it still leaves a lot to be desired.  I really want to cross all my various player sets (thousands of cards) but there needs to be more incentive.

The value system is just so way off which is keeping bigger collectors from sending big cards and their entire PC's.  I understand that there were changes to the database and its not your jobs to know the value or rarity of each card but its pretty bad in some cases.  Like a 2003-04 Topps contemporary collection Gold #/25 in a CSG 8 was given a value of only a 2.  Its the lowest numbered parallel in the set and its highly condition sensitive where a 9 is tough to achieve, combined with low print run.  Only 2 sold in 15 years!  And my chrome 06-07 X-Fractor which is rarer than the Gold refractor of that year with a print run of only #/10, was given only a value of 22 in a gem mint. 

Some sets are just more sought after by collectors, some parallels rarely ever hit a public marketplace, some serial numbers are misleading (a product that didnt sell could have had half the print run destroyed). Some cards are condition sensitive making lower grades more valuable etc.  Some scrub players in high grades are weighed heavier in certain sets due to them being notoriously off centered.  There needs to be some card guys in that department, helping to access these things before I submit some of my bigger cards from my other PC's.  Seems like you guys are doing well with super modern and ok with vintage but that modern (1981- early 2010s) needs some help.

I believe in you guys though, we are rooting for you all.  Keep up the good work.

Cross em over! If your collection is extensive as you say you will have the top sets in the registry and most of your cards will be pop 1's ha Its cool starting at the beggining with those things, Im cracking n crossing my psa slabs to csg, my entire PC. I love the way my cards look in csg and if you suggest something to csg or have a gripe they fix it or try and make it happen, everything is user friendly and working to get better imo, but we need more big collectors crossing over to csg itll help with resale down the road 

I’m having an issue that’s partly related to this one. It also involves the refractor/xfractor parallels. I have an Allen Iverson Refractor and an XFractor /25. It is not letting me add both to my set. If I want to add the basic refractor it makes me replace the Xfractor. What do I need to do to get that fixed? Thanks 

• Administrator
On 12/13/2022 at 11:30 AM, Warner85 said:

I’m having an issue that’s partly related to this one. It also involves the refractor/xfractor parallels. I have an Allen Iverson Refractor and an XFractor /25. It is not letting me add both to my set. If I want to add the basic refractor it makes me replace the Xfractor. What do I need to do to get that fixed? Thanks 

Hi Warner85,

Player sets in the CSG Registry allow you to display one card per slot/line including slots labeled as image or color variations.  If you wish to display both cards, you may create a second Allen Iverson player set.

• Administrator
On 2/19/2023 at 11:57 PM, micky 8 said:

BFA18C8C-E4E4-46F2-97F0-C535C1244BEE.thumb.png.1540d8a86750ceeb1cdf99a4fdfc9c77.png102 points! Come on csg its the rarest Mike Trout card csg ever graded, psa only graded 8 gems, unless ya dont take parallels into consideration then its a 3rd year base card if thats the case understandable 

Hello Mickey 8, 

We received your score correction request via the link posted in the Mike Trout set.  The registry team will be reviewing score correction requests on a semiannual basis in April and October.  

How long does it take to make a score correction to the registry after submitting a request? I’ve done quite a few 3+ weeks ago and still waiting. Do I need to request again? I understand it’s a lot to figure these scores out but there have been some scores added to the registry that make zero sense. I’ve got a couple cards that are variations and rarer than the regular base that are worth substantially less than a base of same grade. I also have some cards that were finally added to the registry that were given a ZERO for points. Once they’re added to the registry aren’t they all given something numerical no matter the grade? One is a Gem mint 10…

• Administrator
On 2/25/2023 at 7:51 PM, Warner85 said:

How long does it take to make a score correction to the registry after submitting a request? I’ve done quite a few 3+ weeks ago and still waiting. Do I need to request again? I understand it’s a lot to figure these scores out but there have been some scores added to the registry that make zero sense. I’ve got a couple cards that are variations and rarer than the regular base that are worth substantially less than a base of same grade. I also have some cards that were finally added to the registry that were given a ZERO for points. Once they’re added to the registry aren’t they all given something numerical no matter the grade? One is a Gem mint 10…

Hello Warner85,

Score correct requests will be reviewed on a semiannual basis in April and October. Please provide the certification number(s) for the ZERO  score cards and we will review those for programming errors. You can either send me a private message or post them here. 

On 2/26/2023 at 7:09 PM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

Hello Warner85,

Score correct requests will be reviewed on a semiannual basis in April and October. Please provide the certification number(s) for the ZERO  score cards and we will review those for programming errors. You can either send me a private message or post them here. 

• Administrator
On 2/27/2023 at 10:39 AM, Warner85 said:

Thank you for the information and bringing this to our attention.  There was a programming error which inadvertently did not process the scores for these cards and I have made the necessary updates. 

On 2/28/2023 at 7:08 AM, Maribeth 1694433772 said:

Thank you for the information and bringing this to our attention.  There was a programming error which inadvertently did not process the scores for these cards and I have made the necessary updates. 

Those were fixed, thank you 👍