• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I need answers! Anything would help!

26 posts in this topic

I recently got my hands on all mint 1991 football Topps pro set series 1 cards, 2 boxes of the silver anniversary limited edition football cards, and the 1991 series 1 platinum football cards. Are any worth getting them turned in for grading? Players include A LOT of hall of famers Montana, Smith, Irvin, both Sanders, the Nigerian nightmare, LT, Walker, Toon, and many MANY more that I recognize that are Hall of Famers now. All prestine and put into sleeves accordingly. Any feed back would be appreciated!

So because they are 10/10 it's worth sending them in? Because as soon as I opened the packs I put them in the proper protection and I can barely find anything on the anniversary box I'm guessing people don't sell the cards individually.

I did not know the grading of the cards are 40/40, when I mean 10/10 I mean it's mint condition straight out of the pack and into a protective sleeve I also wear gloves when I open any type of card pack lol it's a pet peeve of mine. Also yes I found some boxes of the SB 25 set at a thrift store for 5 bucks a pop I have 2 going to go back and buy the other 2 some time tomorrow est. Times.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:45 AM, KennyJames73 said:

Yeah so funny then I'll keep them for 30 years then if we still have a planet to live on but my other cards I got out of a pro set packs are worth something when graded 🤷

Nope... 30 years from now, they'll still be sitting around. In fact, due to waste management and environmental protection protocols, a lot of junk wax will be around in 50 years, just because it may be illegal or cost prohibitive to dispose of them.

On 8/4/2022 at 5:33 AM, KennyJames73 said:

I recently got my hands on all mint 1991 football Topps pro set series 1 cards, 2 boxes of the silver anniversary limited edition football cards, and the 1991 series 1 platinum football cards. Are any worth getting them turned in for grading? Players include A LOT of hall of famers Montana, Smith, Irvin, both Sanders, the Nigerian nightmare, LT, Walker, Toon, and many MANY more that I recognize that are Hall of Famers now. All prestine and put into sleeves accordingly. Any feed back would be appreciated!

nah probably the most over printed cards ever, but also one of the most interesting sets of all time because if all the strange cards they put in there and error cards, maybe a gem santa clause or the george bush senior card, read about the set and look up the rare cards maybe ya'll get lucky only thing i would grade from those boxes I think there is a montana short print i forget 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:50 AM, micky 8 said:

nah probably the most over printed cards ever, but also one of the most interesting sets of all time because if all the strange cards they put in there and error cards, maybe a gem santa clause or the george bush senior card, read about the set and look up the rare cards maybe ya'll get lucky only thing i would grade from those boxes I think there is a montana short print i forget 

Bush cards weren't in the packs, I don't think.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:27 PM, northkorea said:

Bush cards weren't in the packs, I don't think.

the proset dessert storm cards were, I got mixed up the george bush card in his yale uniform was 91 topps baseball, 100 were made a small portion went to packs most of em were distributed to the whitehouse, but his chief of staff at the time was an avid card collector he stole most of em and sent them to psa to get graded ha He knew they were gonna be a fortune because they were so rare no one cared that he took them 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, UncleTed said:

HI North Korea.   Did you by chance do a lot of acid, like back in the hippy days ? 

I wasn't born yet... why do you ask? Also, LSD would have been the hippy days. Acid was more of an 80s-90s thing.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:26 PM, micky 8 said:

the proset dessert storm cards were, I got mixed up the george bush card in his yale uniform was 91 topps baseball, 100 were made a small portion went to packs most of em were distributed to the whitehouse, but his chief of staff at the time was an avid card collector he stole most of em and sent them to psa to get graded ha He knew they were gonna be a fortune because they were so rare no one cared that he took them 

Fairly certain the Bush cards were 1990 Topps, and none would have ever been in packs.

On 8/12/2022 at 10:37 PM, northkorea said:

Fairly certain the Bush cards were 1990 Topps, and none would have ever been in packs.

def 1990 topps whatever were both familiar with the sets, not true there were 2 kinds the ones sent to the white house had a more glossier finish made special for the president,  others were released with the typical 1990 topps feel and finish both kinds were graded by psa both are legit