• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MMA TOPPS UFC 2009 Round 1 Base. Complete :)

16 posts in this topic

Just a 102 card set (99 and 3 no # checklists).  It's in the New Set Registry request backlog :(.    Had built and sold the #1 set of these at that 'other' grading company.   That was built basically off of $6 grading fees and sold it once done during the insane heyday of 2021 for stupid psycho money.   Building this set now, with boxes at 2k+ and $15 grading fees though is making me lose all that profit !! heh heh    Anyway.. in progress !! 

IMG_0826.jpg

Edited by UncleTed

• Administrator

Nice collection you have started!  We apologize for the delay in processing your June 29th request for this set.  We are currently working on requests from the end of May.  We appreciate your support and interest in the CSG Registry.

Alrighty, next batch arrived so time for beverages.  Time to see one by one what I can add to or replace lower grade cards in the set build pursuit, while consuming beverages.   Fun stuff. :)   Especially with beverages. In fact, the only time I deal with cards, is when time available for beverages :) 

IMG_0858.jpg

My compliments to the coders of the registry set stuff.  My set requests were added in and today I was able to easily start building one of the sets. The deal with it finding the existing certs for specific cards, allowing for just a click to add the card to the registry set, verse having to key in the cert number,  was glorious.  A lot of cards for the set were added this way which saved on the monotony of entering in cert after cert.  There were two cards that fit the registry set where I got the 'card is not part of this set' response, so simply clicked on the provided 'inform us' button and will await the fix. 

coolness, thank you.    

On 9/3/2022 at 2:28 PM, UncleTed said:

My compliments to the coders of the registry set stuff.  My set requests were added in and today I was able to easily start building one of the sets. The deal with it finding the existing certs for specific cards, allowing for just a click to add the card to the registry set, verse having to key in the cert number,  was glorious.  A lot of cards for the set were added this way which saved on the monotony of entering in cert after cert.  There were two cards that fit the registry set where I got the 'card is not part of this set' response, so simply clicked on the provided 'inform us' button and will await the fix. 

coolness, thank you.    

Hello UncleTed,

Thank you for sharing and displaying your UFC collection with us on the CSG Registry. We have processed your failed adds and will make sure to pass on your feedback to our programmers.

ok next batch received :)    Just need 6 in 9 or better to complete the base set.    All other related subsets are outside of this base set effort.  I know I'm typing to millions here ! (will be in a couple years with CSG ! )   :)    Fully enjoying building (and spending stupid money) on this effort though.    MOSH PIT FUN !    

IMG_1159.jpg

Edited by UncleTed

• Administrator

Hi Uncle Ted, 

Not sure if you have seen the CSG news article about your set, but here is the link and congrats on being featured!

https://www.csgcards.com/news/article/10869/ufc-registry-set/?utm_source=CSG&utm_medium=Email+Blast&utm_campaign=22_CSG_TheScore_November_NL_110222