• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandy Alomar - Error card

12 posts in this topic

Hello Jpica1983,

It appears that the double hologram error variation has occurred with other cards of the set as well.  There is one of Joe Oliver up on eBay currently (item number 352990095124) and George Brett (item number 394105621131).  I don't know the frequency or rarity of the error but nice find either way.

Happy Collecting!

TwoYewts

Edited by TwoYewts

Quality control for the junk wax era was horrible. Error cards like this are not worth anything. If they were, people could take off the holograms on other cards and put multiple on another card. This is not a 1/1 and saying that drives me crazy! I can only think of a few cards that were errors and are worth money. Some examples are Mark Whiten 1991 Topps over white border, 1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name, 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken F Face, and 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson Marlboro variations to name a few.  

On 7/6/2022 at 9:35 AM, TwoYewts said:

Hello Jpica1983,

It appears that the double hologram error variation has occurred with other cards of the set as well.  There is one of Joe Oliver up on eBay currently (item number 352990095124) and George Brett (item number 394105621131).  I don't know the frequency or rarity of the error but nice find either way.

Happy Collecting!

TwoYewts

The Joe Oliver listing is mine. These aren't exactly common occurrences, but not super rare. You'll find 1990 Upper Deck with missing holograms, double misplaced holograms, crescent moon holograms, and occasionally with no name on the front. 1991 Upper Deck has the most variations. Each card can be found in 6 different variations. No Hologram. 1991 Hologram. 1990 Baseball Hologram. 1990 Hockey Hologram, 1990 Comic Ball Hologram, and 1992 Diamond Hologram,

On 8/23/2022 at 6:10 AM, redfoxdutchman said:

Quality control for the junk wax era was horrible. Error cards like this are not worth anything. If they were, people could take off the holograms on other cards and put multiple on another card. This is not a 1/1 and saying that drives me crazy! I can only think of a few cards that were errors and are worth money. Some examples are Mark Whiten 1991 Topps over white border, 1990 Topps Frank Thomas No Name, 1989 Fleer Bill Ripken F Face, and 1989 Fleer Randy Johnson Marlboro variations to name a few.  

The Marlboro versions... even the stupid black box ones... are rare. They were caught during the 1988 batches, so they're even rarer than the various Ripken bat varieties. That said, they don't command the premium that they should. Why? Because, even being SUPER SUPER SUPER SPs..., no one really notices or cares.

• Administrator
On 9/10/2022 at 6:12 PM, theronmong said:

Having problems finding cards in the system for submission for example a trae young rated rookie is not in drop down optic donruss cpmes up. cant find vintage either. he;lp

Good Morning,

If you are not finding a card you can click "I can't find my card" in the dropdown (see first attachment). From there a pop-up form will appear and you can type in the card info and add it to your submission.

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (66).png