• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lost order?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Submission #1022890

It was posted as received on 20 April 2022. Has the order been lost? Did CSG damage the cards while reviewing them?

I don't understand what the issue is. CSG has been pretty hush about what's going on, despite various staff members in customer service telling me they would reach out to the grading team. In each instance, I'm told they will reach out to the grading team,, then end of communication.

What is the hold up?

On 6/27/2022 at 8:40 AM, northkorea said:

Submission #1022890

It was posted as received on 20 April 2022. Has the order been lost? Did CSG damage the cards while reviewing them?

I don't understand what the issue is. CSG has been pretty hush about what's going on, despite various staff members in customer service telling me they would reach out to the grading team. In each instance, I'm told they will reach out to the grading team,, then end of communication.

What is the hold up?

Order now shows as shipped 11 July 2022... amazing how CSG is able to ship things in the future. :D

Cards that were sent in for Mechanical Error had the following attributes:

1) Centering 9.5 Corners 9 Edges 9.5 Surface 9 Autograph 9

2) All subs 9.5

Card grades being returned to me:

1) Grade 9 Autograph 9

2) Grade 3

CSG offered me a buyout for the amount of my declared value plus the original grading fees for the second card, which is fine. However, I *really* want to know what constitutes a 9.5 Mint+, if a 9.5/9/9.5/9 didn't qualify for the grade level.

Isn't the 9.5 Mint+ by intention a subjective grade to designate a card that has a gem mint appearance to the naked eye?

(this is my understanding, I don't know for sure).

If that's the case, then I could see a definite weighting being used in regards to the subs.  Edge grade would be nearly inconsequential between 8-10 grade, most people can't see it at all or the difference between small increments at high grade (especially in a slab).   Centering would be weighted the highest, it's the easiest to spot a clear issue, even at 55/45 to spec for gem it can sometimes noticed on the right design.  Corners would be the second highest again as an obvious or apparent defect if lower grade.

Surface is hit or miss.  If it's a 9 surface grade the mark or imperfection could be on the back, the issue could be with coloring, it could be dinged under a difficult to spot area (white, text, business on the design).

If something like the above is correct, perhaps the key for 9.5+ is 9.5 or better on centering and corners and more lenience on the edge/surface.  That would align with your overall 9, since corners have a possible perceivable imperfection.

On 7/11/2022 at 4:03 PM, oluckydayo said:

Isn't the 9.5 Mint+ by intention a subjective grade to designate a card that has a gem mint appearance to the naked eye?

(this is my understanding, I don't know for sure).

If that's the case, then I could see a definite weighting being used in regards to the subs.  Edge grade would be nearly inconsequential between 8-10 grade, most people can't see it at all or the difference between small increments at high grade (especially in a slab).   Centering would be weighted the highest, it's the easiest to spot a clear issue, even at 55/45 to spec for gem it can sometimes noticed on the right design.  Corners would be the second highest again as an obvious or apparent defect if lower grade.

Surface is hit or miss.  If it's a 9 surface grade the mark or imperfection could be on the back, the issue could be with coloring, it could be dinged under a difficult to spot area (white, text, business on the design).

If something like the above is correct, perhaps the key for 9.5+ is 9.5 or better on centering and corners and more lenience on the edge/surface.  That would align with your overall 9, since corners have a possible perceivable imperfection.

No, the reason given still holds to the official green policy of highest possible grade is the higher of the two lowest grades.

Starting to get a suspicious feeling about a crossover order. It's still well within the estimated turnaround so not going to complain, but seems very strange. Sent in 10 raw cards and 2 graded. Raw cards were graded and shipped already, crossover has been in G/E/I for 4-5 days now. Figured they would've made it out faster or at the same time due to being 2 cards vs 10.

Wasn't something I necessarily needed to crossover, but for PC items the Darius Garland tiger print and Kyle Pitts Genesis would look way better in CSG slab over SGC. Black insert looks great to me on the old yellow border pokemon and 60s baseball cards but doesn't with modern cards.