• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What am I missing??

25 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2022 at 5:09 AM, Krazymunkey said:

I know it is difficult to tell surface condition through a picture but I would think the way the scale works you wouldnt be able to tell much difference between 10-8.  But a 6 should be obvious given

For a grade of 6, centering may be no worse than 75/25. No more than one “dinged” corner is allowed or no more than two of the following flaws: two or three fuzzy corners, slightly rough edges or noticeable print spots. A moderate diamond cut is allowed, and wax staining on the front is acceptable

Look at the surface grade for a 5.5.

On 6/28/2022 at 1:03 AM, Krazymunkey said:

The point of the post was I was wanting people to see damage on the card, and let me know what I'm missing, because i dont see a 6.  Only way i see a 6 is by mistake or being graded by expensive computer (but not real "AI") compaing the card to a yellow refractor (non auto)....      So far the only real damage was major roller marks, which I'm not completely sure about.   Roller marks (to me) are lines where the rollers move across a sheet.  This card doesnt have those so, Im assuming he is referring to the textured appearance.  Something similar to if a paint roller is low on paint, it will pull up some wet paint leaving it with an orange pull/textured look.   I pictured that on the back left (where major marks were) on both a 10 & 6 and they are identical, so guessing that wasn't it.   

only way to tell is to crack it and use a Lupe on the surface, no one gonna tell through a pic especially through a slab, customer service will tell ya why keep us posted im curious. 

On 6/26/2022 at 5:51 AM, Krazymunkey said:

It's good to see you do believe mistakes can be made on the grades.  Now you just need to see that it can happen in both directions.  

Bruh jfc there are CLEAR printer roller marks on the card. It is obvious as soon as you see the card. You're lucky they only dinged you what they did. 

This card is consistent with their grading. You just don't like the result. 

On 8/15/2022 at 12:03 PM, ne1seenmykeys said:

Bruh jfc there are CLEAR printer roller marks on the card. It is obvious as soon as you see the card. You're lucky they only dinged you what they did. 

This card is consistent with their grading. You just don't like the result. 

its tough with a picture i almost gave up! i could be wrong but looks like linear dents near the signature, theres 2 running parallel lines that look pretty deep. Ive seen csg miss a few little things overgrade on a bad corner exc. nothin too crazy but Ive never seen them hit a card heavy for no reason, theres always a reason sometimes its tough to find like greening but its always something, Thanx for sharing