• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 Panini Diamond King Kirby Puckett card #63 with black frame, 1/1

5 posts in this topic

I opened a 2022 Panini Diamond King Kirby Puckett card #63 with black frame, 1/1 but can not find out what it is worth. In the Beckett catalog it just says that it is 1 of 1. How do I find out what the value is?

Kirby 63 Front with frame.jpg

Kirby 63 back.jpg

Edited by bucyboy
add photos

On 6/16/2022 at 3:35 PM, bucyboy said:

I opened a 2022 Panini Diamond King Kirby Puckett card #63 with black frame, 1/1 but can not find out what it is worth. In the Beckett catalog it just says that it is 1 of 1. How do I find out what the value is?

Kirby 63 back.jpg

If there is only one of these then you won't be able to find out ho much it's worth. How could you if there are no other sales of it (due to it being a 1/1)? 

There is not set value for cards. The value fluctuates based on several factors, but for players that are retired or dead (both in Puckett's case) the prices tend to stay around the same, all things considered equal. 

I don't even think this would fetch 150-200. I think around 100-120 would be more likely, simply bc it's Donruss (so they don't have the MLB license) and this subset is just not valued by anyone in the hobby at all. 

Thanks. I thought one of the companies like Beckett that puts out monthly sports cards values would have had some opinion of what it may be valued at. I appreciate your response.

On 6/17/2022 at 5:13 AM, bucyboy said:

Thanks. I thought one of the companies like Beckett that puts out monthly sports cards values would have had some opinion of what it may be valued at. I appreciate your response.

Beckett compiles sales records. If you own the only one and never sold it, there is no record to start from.