• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To anyone asking "Should I get this card graded"??

3 posts in this topic

The answer to that question will literally always be "Do what makes you happy!", as it should be. 

And I'm really not trying to be insufferable here, but they are *your* cards. You do what you want with them! If grading them and keeping them preserved in the best condition they're going to be in makes you happy, then do it! If you feel like grading them bc you don't really want to keep the card, but you think it's got a great shot at grading high and getting you some return on your investment, then, again, do it! If you like the look of the card itself and want to keep it but not worry about the "hassle" of getting it graded, then order a one-touch case for it and put that baby on a shelf! 

I think what a lot of you are *really* asking is the following - "Could someone that knows what they're talking about please look at this (most of the time not so great) photo of my card and tell me what grade you think it will get, therefore cluing me into whether I can make any money off of it?"

If that is the case, then just make a post that says, "Could a hobby veteran check out my card?" or something like that. You get my drift. 

But, my main point here is this - no matter what it is when it comes to *your* cards, at the end of the day, while it's great to educate yourself as much as possible, YOU are going to have to decide what to do with YOUR cards. No one else can do that for you. 

I hope this post is taken with the knowledge that it is intended with. I'm not trying to sour anyone from asking questions, but coming to these boards and just asking "Should I get this graded" with zero explanation of what your intent is, etc is, to me, unfair to whom you are asking these questions. 

I agree.

I always say if you're questioning to do it, then do it. It's your money, and the Grading Police can't tell you how to spend your money. 

If you get something graded, you should get the grader's notes and familiarize yourself on what was wrong and be more educated the next time you send something in.