• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical Error w/ Sub Grades

7 posts in this topic

I tried e-mailing CSG support but haven't received a response after sending an e-mail and a reminder e-mail a week apart.  

I have a mechanical error in that I have an Acuna Bowman's Best RC Refractor, but it isn't labeled as a refractor.  The problem is that it has sub grades and I know that if I send it in to be fixed, the sub grades will be removed, despite being something that was already paid for.  What can be done here? Can someone from CSG please e-mail me?  I'd like this to be sorted out prior to my next submission.

On 6/1/2022 at 6:55 AM, original_otis said:

I tried e-mailing CSG support but haven't received a response after sending an e-mail and a reminder e-mail a week apart.  

I have a mechanical error in that I have an Acuna Bowman's Best RC Refractor, but it isn't labeled as a refractor.  The problem is that it has sub grades and I know that if I send it in to be fixed, the sub grades will be removed, despite being something that was already paid for.  What can be done here? Can someone from CSG please e-mail me?  I'd like this to be sorted out prior to my next submission.

Initiate the ME process. Email customer service once you mail out the package. Explain to them that you paid for subs, but won't get them. They will credit you for the fee.

On 6/13/2022 at 11:53 AM, original_otis said:

For anyone looking, the answer is that they’ll just put it in a matching slab and remove the subgrades. No credit offered for the fact I paid more for a card with sub grades and I’d be losing them. 

You need to request the credit. I explained that in my response.

Edited by northkorea

On 6/13/2022 at 12:59 PM, original_otis said:

I did request the credit. They said no. 

If you paid the subgrades fee when you had it originally graded, just tell them to refund you for failure to render service.

If you bought the card with subgrades, not much you can do.

Edited by northkorea
Corrected myself.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, original_otis said:

For anyone looking, the answer is that they’ll just put it in a matching slab and remove the subgrades. No credit offered for the fact I paid more for a card with sub grades and I’d be losing them. 

northkorea hit the nail on the head.  Did you purchase the card from someone else, or is this a card you personally sent in?  I could not find where you stated one way or the other.  You have only said you paid more for a card with subgrades.  If you bought it from someone else and they charged you more because it has subgrades then you are not really due any credit from CSG.  That being said, if you are the original submitter of the card then I would certainly agree you should be due a credit of the cost of subgrades.

Edited by TheRealKyleMcC