• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-war Non-sport Tobacco cards
1 1

8 posts in this topic

Is CSG grading pre-war, non-sport tobacco cards. The T206 sized cards that feature historical figures or other things of general interest from the early 20th century. I've gotten the bug for collecting them, and am exploring my options now that PSA is shut down and SGC raised their bulk prices to match BVG and PSA.

On 3/30/2021 at 5:56 PM, Y2Hood said:

Is CSG grading pre-war, non-sport tobacco cards. The T206 sized cards that feature historical figures or other things of general interest from the early 20th century. I've gotten the bug for collecting them, and am exploring my options now that PSA is shut down and SGC raised their bulk prices to match BVG and PSA.

If I understand the website correctly, BGS/BVG pricing seems half that of SGC right now.

On 3/30/2021 at 10:56 PM, Y2Hood said:

Did you get an answer to your question? I have some cards I would like to submit as well.

I believe Y2Hood is correct in that they currently do not grade non-sport vintage at CSG or CGC (which only does Pokemon and MTG).  I'm also a collector of non-sport vintage, such as the Bowman Wild Man, Wild West and Red Menace series.  Hopefully we can let CSG know that they have a vintage non-sport collector base that is looking for alternatives to PSA and SGC for grading our collectibles.