• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't pay to "downgrade" from CSG 9.5 Green to CSG 10 Black
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I paid for the stupid flip swap on my 9.5s, and I don't like how they look. I liked the security features on the green flips better.

That is a personal thing, though. The reason that I'm saying not to waste the money on the Green to Black swap is that CSG really dropped the ball on the Population Report.

They're counting the existing Green label cards as 10 GM, even if they don't swap the labels. Effectively, anyone who has a Green 9.5 can only be hurt by the flip change, since the card goes from being a "10" with subs to a ""no subs" card. Anyone who paid for subs originally lose out on the recorded subs that they paid for, while anyone who doesn't pay for the color change is allowed to be automatically bumped up to a "10," even if the holder says 9.5. If that was the plan, CSG *really* should have made 9.5*3/9 and 9+*2/9*2 cards automatic 9.5s.

On 5/31/2022 at 5:35 AM, northkorea said:

I paid for the stupid flip swap on my 9.5s, and I don't like how they look. I liked the security features on the green flips better.

That is a personal thing, though. The reason that I'm saying not to waste the money on the Green to Black swap is that CSG really dropped the ball on the Population Report.

They're counting the existing Green label cards as 10 GM, even if they don't swap the labels. Effectively, anyone who has a Green 9.5 can only be hurt by the flip change, since the card goes from being a "10" with subs to a ""no subs" card. Anyone who paid for subs originally lose out on the recorded subs that they paid for, while anyone who doesn't pay for the color change is allowed to be automatically bumped up to a "10," even if the holder says 9.5. If that was the plan, CSG *really* should have made 9.5*3/9 and 9+*2/9*2 cards automatic 9.5s.

While that is true it with the Pop Report the Registry does not "upgrade" Green Label 9.5s to Black Label 10s unless you get the card reholdered, at least not from what I can tell with my Green Label 9.5s.  Why it is true for one but not the other is maybe something they are working on?

On 5/31/2022 at 12:31 AM, TheRealKyleMcC said:

While that is true it with the Pop Report the Registry does not "upgrade" Green Label 9.5s to Black Label 10s unless you get the card reholdered, at least not from what I can tell with my Green Label 9.5s.  Why it is true for one but not the other is maybe something they are working on?

Even with that, my reholdered 10s have the same point value as the green 9.5, so it doesn't matter.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:49 AM, northkorea said:

Even with that, my reholdered 10s have the same point value as the green 9.5, so it doesn't matter.

I haven't had that experience.  For the Registry all the Green Label 9.5s I have sent in to date have counted for the Black Label 10 points.  Mind you, I had to delete the Green Label 9.5 from the Registry and then add the new Black Label 10 (since it is a new cert #) in order for the points to be correct.  For instance, the Project 2020 George Brett Mister Cartoon I had as a Green Label 9.5 only counted as 77 points on the Registry.  Once I received it back in the Black Label 10 I deleted the green label cert, and added the new black label cert, and it is now worth 213 points.  :)  I think in time all green label 9.5s will probably be deleted if it has been upgraded to the 10 black label, but I can just imagine how that will go.  :)