• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUB Back (with pics)

8 posts in this topic

I think so..   Of course I'm one where anything I send in is a 10 :) But that is at times after I try and trick my mind with the 'they won't see that tiny flaw'   heh heh heh (sometime doing so while should NOT be driving)  When opening a box I compare cards going in to the 'sub it' stack to the other cards in the box that went to the 'not' stack. If the not card has a flaw and the other doesn't, it's got a good chance of subbing.  Probably miss other things doing it that way..     Many of these posted here I can't find any issue with, but not one to say 'it should have been a 10 !!!'  

All good here.. the relic cards I've never gotten above a 6 before so a couple of those 9s were unexpected.  That dang Brady thought at least would 9.   I do think CSG is tough on grades, like no 10 unless perfect stuff...    and I like it !!   My next sub is boxed and going out tomorrow.    

On 5/30/2022 at 8:47 AM, UncleTed said:

All good here.. the relic cards I've never gotten above a 6 before so a couple of those 9s were unexpected.  That dang Brady thought at least would 9.   I do think CSG is tough on grades, like no 10 unless perfect stuff...    and I like it !!   My next sub is boxed and going out tomorrow.    

If you mean the Pacific 2000, you may have caught a grader on a good day. Three of the four corners show white chipping, so I could see that even grading out as an 8. 8.5 seems a bit generous, but within reason.

On 5/30/2022 at 9:02 AM, UncleTed said:

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

x4.jpg

As a Michigan fan, I love that Brady but hate that Kordell Stewart hahaha. The pass he made against us will forever go down as one of the most heartbreaking moments of my childhood. My dad had a subscription to SI at the time, and of course it was on the cover the next week - https://vault.si.com/vault/1994/10/03/i-just-heaved-it-kordell-stewarts-game-ending-64-yard-touchdown-pass-to-michael-westbrook-was-part-desperation-part-destiny-and-all-colorado-needed-to-stun-michigan

What a player that guy was