Griffey "error" card
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I just received a 1990 Griffey Upper Deck #156 card back from grading by CSG. The card graded out at a 8.5. Also, the card has no copyright and simultaneously is misspelled with an "i".

Is this considered an error card. And if so, should this be reflected on the slab label?

 

Edited by badhop55
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, it should be designated as an error for 'No Copyright'.

All of the Griffey cards from that set have the spelling error, so these are uncorrected errors, and not usually denoted.

If you didn't specify this on your form when sending it in, you will probably need to reholder it for the correction.

Edited by oluckydayo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 7:00 PM, oluckydayo said:

Yes, it should be designated as an error for 'No Copyright'.

All of the Griffey cards from that set have the spelling error, so these are uncorrected errors, and not usually denoted.

If you didn't specify this on your form when sending it in, you will probably need to reholder it for the correction.

It might be more complicated than a reholder. They may need to charge the weird fee for special labels. Either that or they might make you resubmit, since it requires different research.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, badhop55 said:

I just received a 1990 Griffey Upper Deck #156 card back from grading by CSG. The card graded out at a 8.5. Also, the card has no copyright and simultaneously is misspelled with an "i".

Is this considered an error card. And if so, should this be reflected on the slab label?

 

The "No Copyright" designation should be on the label.  If you contact Customer Service they will send you a prepaid label so you can send it in under the Mechanical Error process.  You will not be charged any fees or shipping costs since it is an ME submission.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2022 at 6:14 AM, TheRealKyleMcC said:

The "No Copyright" designation should be on the label.  If you contact Customer Service they will send you a prepaid label so you can send it in under the Mechanical Error process.  You will not be charged any fees or shipping costs since it is an ME submission.

I don't think that counts as an ME, if they didn't indicate it on the original submission form. You could request the ME, and they'll probably comply, but I don't think it's fair to make CSG correct an oversight by the submitter. This type of correction will lead to prices rising for submissions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1