• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Company Basketball Cards

6 posts in this topic

I am wondering if CSG grades Star Company Basketball Cards, and, if so, are there any limits to what year and or sets? I have many of these cards and other companies are doing some, but not all.

Best of the Best.jpg

On 5/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, dvpark said:

I am wondering if CSG grades Star Company Basketball Cards, and, if so, are there any limits to what year and or sets? I have many of these cards and other companies are doing some, but not all.

Best of the Best.jpg

I don't believe *ANY* company will grade Star '86 cards. Those are generally accepted as being fantasy cards released in the 1990s. I know that some graded Jordans from PSA exist of this issue (including a PSA 10 that was sold by Goldin), but that was graded before Steve Taft exposed to them that the cards were fantasy issues. Since then, I think the only company still grading Star anything is BGS. That stated, BGS will NOT grade the 1986 Best of the Best.

Thank you for your response. These cards seem to still have some value in the market, especially the Jordan's. The balance of the set I have are graded, but those companies are no longer in business. Maybe some day a company will learn to grade these Star Co. cards. Let's hope someone gets Steve Taft to train them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224992631355?mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&mkcid=1&campid=5338164673&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&customId=starbasketballcards

On 5/23/2022 at 2:21 PM, dvpark said:

Thank you for your response. These cards seem to still have some value in the market, especially the Jordan's. The balance of the set I have are graded, but those companies are no longer in business. Maybe some day a company will learn to grade these Star Co. cards. Let's hope someone gets Steve Taft to train them. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224992631355?mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&siteid=0&mkcid=1&campid=5338164673&toolid=10001&mkevt=1&customId=starbasketballcards

What are the other cards? The 1986 Best of the Best will *never* be graded, as they are considered to be unauthorized at best and counterfeit, at worst.

Edited by northkorea