• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Introducing the CSG Perfect 10 Label
1 1

20 posts in this topic

• Administrator

The perfect holder meets the perfect label!

Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG®) is thrilled to unveil an all-new label reserved exclusively for the best of the best — the CSG Perfect 10. The bold, foil-embossed label features an eye-catching lustrous gold “Perfect 10” that distinguishes the high-caliber cards that have earned the coveted grade. At last, the perfect holder meets the perfect label.

LEARN MORE

05_May11_CSG_Social_Perfect10Label_Libby_c1_v1.jpg

• Administrator
On 5/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, northkorea said:

Couldn't they use a better centered card to represent perfect?

I hope they got rid of the subs for the final version. It still sounds moronically redundant to have subs on a perfect grade.

The four 10 sub-grades are on the back.

MikeTrout_P10_1022013077_Rev_v220220512092422258.jpg

On 5/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, northkorea said:

Couldn't they use a better centered card to represent perfect?

Zoomed to 500% magnification in Photoshop the borders are within 1 pixel distance of each other all around.  I think that probably qualifies.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:14 PM, CGCRyan said:

The perfect holder meets the perfect label!

Certified Sports Guaranty® (CSG®) is thrilled to unveil an all-new label reserved exclusively for the best of the best — the CSG Perfect 10. The bold, foil-embossed label features an eye-catching lustrous gold “Perfect 10” that distinguishes the high-caliber cards that have earned the coveted grade. At last, the perfect holder meets the perfect label.

LEARN MORE

Looks good to me.   I sort of expected the black and gold theme, but I'm into it.  Hoping for a potential upgrade on the CGC card someday, but I also understand the reason for keeping it as-is.

On 5/12/2022 at 11:03 AM, oluckydayo said:

Zoomed to 500% magnification in Photoshop the borders are within 1 pixel distance of each other all around.  I think that probably qualifies.

I assume you were making a joke, as the top/bottom on the front is pretty clearly unbalanced.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:41 PM, Jee Su Chang said:

I'm curious what has CSG been doing with the cards that warranted Perfect after the switch to the black labels until now?

I would presume they got stuck in "Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging" limbo.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:41 PM, Jee Su Chang said:

I'm curious what has CSG been doing with the cards that warranted Perfect after the switch to the black labels until now?

I’ve been trying to get a response from them  for a while now. I’m guessing due to the lack of response from them that they dropped them down to gem mint grade. I doubt it’s really possible for 0 cards to warrant a perfect 10 label since the switch what 2 months ago? Pretty underhanded and ridiculous but that’s the conclusion people will come to when CSG ignores your inquiries. Something this company needs to get much better at.

On 5/13/2022 at 8:48 AM, Warner85 said:

I’ve been trying to get a response from them  for a while now. I’m guessing due to the lack of response from them that they dropped them down to gem mint grade. I doubt it’s really possible for 0 cards to warrant a perfect 10 label since the switch what 2 months ago? Pretty underhanded and ridiculous but that’s the conclusion people will come to when CSG ignores your inquiries. Something this company needs to get much better at.

Consider the following:

No existing perfects (10*4 subs) would be sent in, since the Perfect Green has higher requirements than the Perfect Black.

Most Pristine 10s (no subs) were not thought to be Perfect during the original submission, since they submitter wasn't willing to pay for subs. It's unlikely they would be willing to pay $5 to downgrade from Pristine Green to Gem Mint Black.

CSG hasn't provided clarity on which Pristine Greens would be Perfect Blacks. Without validating information, there would be no reason to risk downgrading from a 10*3/9.5 Pristine to a Black Gem Mint.

Effectively, the only cards that would reholder are Green Gem Mint 9.5s, possibly Pristine 9.5 Centering, and possibly Mint 10*3/8-8.5 Centering Greens.

I presume that eBay sellers figured they will make more selling the Green labels than the potential sale of the Black label Gem Mint 10s.

On 5/13/2022 at 5:43 PM, northkorea said:

Consider the following:

No existing perfects (10*4 subs) would be sent in, since the Perfect Green has higher requirements than the Perfect Black.

Most Pristine 10s (no subs) were not thought to be Perfect during the original submission, since they submitter wasn't willing to pay for subs. It's unlikely they would be willing to pay $5 to downgrade from Pristine Green to Gem Mint Black.

CSG hasn't provided clarity on which Pristine Greens would be Perfect Blacks. Without validating information, there would be no reason to risk downgrading from a 10*3/9.5 Pristine to a Black Gem Mint.

Effectively, the only cards that would reholder are Green Gem Mint 9.5s, possibly Pristine 9.5 Centering, and possibly Mint 10*3/8-8.5 Centering Greens.

I presume that eBay sellers figured they will make more selling the Green labels than the potential sale of the Black label Gem Mint 10s.

In what way does a perfect green have higher standards than the perfect black? I guess I don’t remember the green perfect specifications word for word. I’m not talking about reholders. I guess I find it hard to believe there wasn’t one perfect 10 qualified card sent in after the label change.

My pristine 10 I have wasn’t sent in with subgrades not because I thought it wasn’t perfect but because I don’t have the tools as the grading company and could have missed something. I think the majority of people sent in submissions without subs only because they didn’t like the price point versus the roi, and they were usually lower value cards.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, Warner85 said:

In what way does a perfect green have higher standards than the perfect black? I guess I don’t remember the green perfect specifications word for word. I’m not talking about reholders. I guess I find it hard to believe there wasn’t one perfect 10 qualified card sent in after the label change.

My pristine 10 I have wasn’t sent in with subgrades not because I thought it wasn’t perfect but because I don’t have the tools as the grading company and could have missed something. I think the majority of people sent in submissions without subs only because they didn’t like the price point versus the roi, and they were usually lower value cards.

That links to where Ryan explicitly says they lowered the standards for a Perfect 10 to align with the market.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, Warner85 said:

My pristine 10 I have wasn’t sent in with subgrades not because I thought it wasn’t perfect but because I don’t have the tools as the grading company and could have missed something.

Then pay the $5 to have your card downgraded from a Pristine Green to a Gem Mint Black. My point is that it's entirely possible your card would have been a Perfect Black, but you opted to not send it in. Why would you not think others made the same choice?

On 5/13/2022 at 11:09 PM, northkorea said:

Then pay the $5 to have your card downgraded from a Pristine Green to a Gem Mint Black. My point is that it's entirely possible your card would have been a Perfect Black, but you opted to not send it in. Why would you not think others made the same choice?

Sure fair enough. I feel like we’re going in circles a little bit here though. My main point is that I believe that CSG has not given out any Perfect 10s just because they didn’t have the label ready. Especially since, as you said, the standards for a black label Perfect are lower than the old green label perfect. All I’m saying.

On 5/14/2022 at 2:44 AM, Warner85 said:

Sure fair enough. I feel like we’re going in circles a little bit here though. My main point is that I believe that CSG has not given out any Perfect 10s just because they didn’t have the label ready. Especially since, as you said, the standards for a black label Perfect are lower than the old green label perfect. All I’m saying.

Well, they did have over a year to issue the green perfects, though. Also, the sample size would be more restrictive, since, in theory, the 9.5 & 10 cards with subgrades may have been selectively submitted with an expectation of some degree of a shot at a perfect 10 grade. As for the cards submitted since March 2022, I would contend that they were likely holding off on returning the cards, if they had qualified as a perfect grade. I can't imagine the company being stupid enough to simply downgrade the cards due to a lack of having the proper label. Then again, they chose to restrict subgrades to cards that can only have quad 10s, so what do I know about marketing?

On 5/12/2022 at 5:12 PM, northkorea said:

I assume you were making a joke, as the top/bottom on the front is pretty clearly unbalanced.

I wasn't.  I was curious, so I took the scan from the certification page and put it into photoshop and measured the distance from edge to border in pixels.  It's 23 pixels to 24 pixels, measured at 500% (to make sure I was accurate in the ruler placement).

It may be for the preview video however that it's a 3D animation using the card image, so not necessarily a real representation of the actual card.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:22 PM, Warner85 said:

if ya think your pristine without subs  is perfect then crack and resend, But like ya said there might be a good market for the green 10's in time. 

On 7/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, Elvon said:

Does anyone know how many perfect 10s have been given so far? Since CSG crossed the millionth card graded??

idk but i seen a guy get 6 on a reveal so its possible