• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Perfect 10
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Has anyone had a Perfect 10 since the label change? Or had one reholdered? None on eBay, sold or listings. Would really like to see one if possible. Asked a few times with no response from the CSG admins… Is there a color change to the label with a Perfect 10 or just the subgrades?

On 5/7/2022 at 1:16 PM, Warner85 said:

Has anyone had a Perfect 10 since the label change? Or had one reholdered? None on eBay, sold or listings. Would really like to see one if possible. Asked a few times with no response from the CSG admins… Is there a color change to the label with a Perfect 10 or just the subgrades?

Last update was that they didn't settle on a design yet. Realistically, there's no reason for anyone to reholder existing (green) perfect 10s. They have a fixed supply at this point. By contrast, perfect 10 blacks have a limited, yet potentially infinite supply.

On 5/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, northkorea said:

Last update was that they didn't settle on a design yet. Realistically, there's no reason for anyone to reholder existing (green) perfect 10s. They have a fixed supply at this point. By contrast, perfect 10 blacks have a limited, yet potentially infinite supply.

How can that be possible? Does that mean that potentially Perfect 10 cards are getting gem mint 10 grades because they dont have the label ready yet?

On 5/7/2022 at 6:16 PM, Warner85 said:

I have been wondering this as well. Looked on eBay, don't see any (closing in on a month after your post). 

On 5/8/2022 at 11:00 PM, northkorea said:

Yeah, as Warner mentioned, are they holding Perfect 10 cards until they have the label ready? Or are they slabbing them as Gem Mint? Doesn't make any sense...

--Kyle

Finally a response from CSG…

Good morning, Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to CSG and for your continued support. We are sorry to hear you did not receive a response from our Admins on the chat forums. At this time we do have a Perfect 10 label designed and ready for CSG. The labels will have a gold Perfect 10 on them and feature subgrades. Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

They didn’t answer my other question about grading cards as gem mint instead of perfect 10s. Doesn’t clarify when they had this label designed. Still seems a little fishy to me that there are no Gold label perfect 10s in the new label on eBay or even the CSG site doesn’t it? Would like more information but at least we got some sort of answer. 

On 5/9/2022 at 2:38 AM, Warner85 said:

How can that be possible? Does that mean that potentially Perfect 10 cards are getting gem mint 10 grades because they dont have the label ready yet?

Simple economic theory. The standards for a Green Perfect 10 are higher than a Black Perfect 10, as published. That stated, no one would send in a Green Perfect for a new label, since, again, Green Perfect > Black Perfect. Past that, they were hard to come by, as it was, so it's entirely possible that no one is selling the ones they have.

That's good that they settled on a label design. Did they happen to send you a sample image?

On 5/9/2022 at 2:03 PM, northkorea said:

Simple economic theory. The standards for a Green Perfect 10 are higher than a Black Perfect 10, as published. That stated, no one would send in a Green Perfect for a new label, since, again, Green Perfect > Black Perfect. Past that, they were hard to come by, as it was, so it's entirely possible that no one is selling the ones they have.

That's good that they settled on a label design. Did they happen to send you a sample image?

Is this stated on the website? I thought Perfect Green= Perfect black, then gem mint black label is equal to green gem mint and pristine green label.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:28 PM, Warner85 said:

Is this stated on the website? I thought Perfect Green= Perfect black, then gem mint black label is equal to green gem mint and pristine green label.

That's my understanding as well...

On 5/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, Warner85 said:

It's no longer on the website, but the standards for a perfect 10 Green were much higher than those listed for a perfect 10 Black.

On 5/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, northkorea said:

I know I'm late to the party here, and excuse me for that, but I agree with literally everything you are saying here.

I am holding onto every single one of my Green Label Pristine 10s bc, as you said, they are even harder to obtain than the new Black Label.

Point being, I think that bc the general IQ in the hobby continues to rise - and esp amongst those that have been loyal to CSG from the beginning who fully fleshed this out - people realize there are now literally a set number of Green Label Perfect 10s, and that automatically will make them extremely scarce as the number of Black Label Perfect 10s hits into the 5 and 6-digit marks (once CSG fully takes off in 2-3+ years).

I currently own three Green Label Perfect 10s and I will not be selling them any time soon. 

ETA: I listed my Pristine 10 stats when I meant to put my Perfect 10 stats. Doh! 

Edited by ne1seenmykeys

On 5/9/2022 at 1:28 PM, Warner85 said:

The standards listed to get a Perfect Green were higher. It'll still be extremely difficult to get a Black Label Perfect 10, but a little easier than the Green Labels. 

I graded *way* over a thousand cards with CSG so far and I got *three* Green Label Perfect 10s, and I've been doing this for over 20 years so I def can pre-grade cards, etc. I don't miss that often, so getting a Perfect 10 at a rate under .003% was absolutely *wild*

ETA: I'm not complaining, either, bc once the hobby catches up on how hard it is to get a Green Label Perfect 10 I assume the value of those cards will shoot up, all things considered equal. 

Edited by ne1seenmykeys