• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CSG Prepared?

14 posts in this topic

PSA basically stopped excepting cards unless they are Super express at $300 per card. Is CSG ready for a possible/ probable surge? How do you think it would impact turnaround times? All I have to say is remember us who chose CSG before this PSA thing happened. :headbang:

Edited by Sports Cards Review

Didn't see this and posted the same in another thread. If you recall what happened to SGC when PSA shut down, this will be the same thing all over again. People are going to send to SGC and CSG. Plus Prizm basketball releases tomorrow. Good timing for PSA, bad timing for everyone else.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:26 AM, yanksexpos said:

SGC just went to $75 a card.  You can still do Beckett at $20 or $30 per with no subgrades but you have to wait a year.  What a joke.  

SGC is going to dry up fast at that rate. If they have a backlog, they won’t for long. Will be interesting to see if they keep their word and reduce prices when circumstances warrant. Not something that happens often (maybe ever) in the business world.

I'd love to see what a moderator would tell us about this, but they probably are carefully crafting their messages to the public about this very unfortunate set of circumstances. So they probably need to just give press releases and give info on their site, and that's going to be very precise language for a very imprecise situation.

On 4/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, David in CA said:

I'd love to see what a moderator would tell us about this, but they probably are carefully crafting their messages to the public about this very unfortunate set of circumstances. So they probably need to just give press releases and give info on their site, and that's going to be very precise language for a very imprecise situation.

Well if it's anything like the other comments about lack of being fully prepared..

Expect to hear crickets.. 

On 4/7/2021 at 12:26 PM, David in CA said:

4 hours ago, Picklepete said:

Well if it's anything like the other comments about lack of being fully prepared..

Expect to hear crickets.. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/97-cgc-trading-cards/

This will probably give you a good idea on how this is going to play out.

They tend to ignore any questions like this, or anything of any importance.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

On 4/7/2021 at 6:26 AM, David in CA said:

With the message in their news section regarding the price hikes/changes coming up, I guess we heard what many of us anticipated. These are definitely interesting times in the hobby and I wish nothing but the best for CSG.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:51 AM, ItismeH said:

With the message in their news section regarding the price hikes/changes coming up, I guess we heard what many of us anticipated. These are definitely interesting times in the hobby and I wish nothing but the best for CSG.

CSG followed suit and increases bulk leve prices by 66%. Do their cards bring 66% value of PSA? Not even close. These grading companies are shooting themselves in the feet out of greed, and taking advantage of customers. 

I was a faithful SGC customer until the bulk rate increased from $20 to $35, after an increase $8 to $15 and then $15 to $20. I walked. 

PSA lost me over a year ago with the year-long wait times. 

SO last night I came to sign up with CSG at the $150 membership level, and while I started that process I saw the message about price increases. And I stopped signing up. 

Unless I pull some amazing card and it looks perfect, I am done submitting cards to get graded. I cannot send my cards to CSG at $12-$20 rates when the cards might not even bring $30 compared to $60-65-100 with SGC or PSA

I listened to an interview where they hired I think it was 8 people that were going through the grading training process.  They want to strive for consistency in grading, and are also hiring more as well.  Really hoping they can keep up and get on top of the turnaround times ;) 

On 4/3/2021 at 1:26 AM, yanksexpos said:

SGC just went to $75 a card.  You can still do Beckett at $20 or $30 per with no subgrades but you have to wait a year.  What a joke.  

sgc 75$ a card standard order? thats insane there gonna end up like curcuit city or quizno's, or blockbuster, I heard psa is coming back with a 10$ bulk order and this raise in price is very temporary but will see even if they do i predict huge backlog with them , hopefully csg stays reasonsble with there prices a major price shift can affect all your current slabs